Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Texas Chainsaw 3D - Continuing the Legacy and Employing Brutality

Okay, I know what you’re thinking: What’s with the over-abundance of remakes and everlasting additions to horror series?

But before I get to the “meat” of the story, I must first declare that Texas Chainsaw 3D is not a remake.

Despite being the seventh installment of the “Texas Chainsaw” franchise, it can actually be condered, believe it or not, the first official sequel to director Tobe Hooper’s 1974 clasc.

TC3D kicks off with a flashback to the acclaimed original reminding audiences of the nightmare Sally Hardesty (Marilyn Burns) and her friends endured after stumbling upon a family of cannibalistic sadists. Immediately following this brief retrospect, director John Luessenhop initiates his vion of the story right where Hooper’s left off.

The evolution of Leatherface has seen many different “faces” and statures. With the commencing of the chainsaw wielding maniac portrayed by Gunnar Hansen, who carried his character to forever become a horror icon, relied much on implied violence to stimulate the mind. But with Dan Yeager portraying the older, yet most brutal antagonist among the series, TC3D is, hands down, the most aggresve in on-camera imagery to stimulate the feeling of nausea.

Daddario can be tagged as employing the most credibility within her character as compared to the protagonist pack. With the casting of Trey Songz and Tania Raymonde to emphaze the “sleaze” factor of the film as the greatest downfall throughout, only does their roles shed a bit more excitement when they become tallies on Leatherface’s board of victims.

TC3D can be deemed as unorthodox to the rest of the franchise’s following. Luessenhop certainly spins the story’s finale to establish a sense of sentiment, as well as suit the phrase “the saw is family.”
buried13 Saturday 1/12/2013 at 12:56 PM | 99596
And completely gives us a half assed script, aimed at a younger audience. This movie was a disappointment
JohnCorley92 Sunday 1/13/2013 at 07:21 PM | 99632
And completely gives us a half assed script, aimed at a younger audience. This movie was a disappointment

I can feel that man! Even bedes the 3d it still sucked. "Do your thing cuz" or whatever she says.... Right after he just killed all her friends and bf? Ugh
kizzle Sunday 1/13/2013 at 08:40 PM | 99634
I don't get the hatred towards this movie... sure some of it wasn't thought out (the timeline between this and the original) but overall, I really enjoyed it. Yeager was great as Leatherface, and the new mask was great. And of course its aimed at a young audience. ALL slasher films are. Really, who do you think goes to watch them for the most part? I went with a group of friends, all of whom had only seen the original once before (thanks to me) and we all had a great time. It's definitely not the best movie in the series, but it was a fun and gory experience.
Kidtut Thursday 1/17/2013 at 09:42 PM | 99709
Nicely said Kidtut! I completely agree (which my review pretty much speaks for itself in a potive tone towards the film), that these films are meant to be entertainment and to have fun watching at the same time. Of course, the film industry boils down to being a buness, and they're going to attempt the most money posble..even if that means taming the story and aiming more at a younger audience.
buried13 Thursday 1/17/2013 at 10:12 PM | 99710
I understand that completely. I know slasher movies are fueled by the teenage audience. They could have done it in a much better way. They didn't need to try and add "ghetto fabulous" into the story. We didn't need a cheating male lead that had "swag" or a skank of a bestfriend who was nothing more than a close up of her ass. The 2003 remake proved that, as it stands to be the biggest slasher remake yet. If you give a good movie while pleang both the younger audience and your older fans it pays off. So I'm sorry but I dont agree with saying this movie was fun, and it should over power the flaws. It was mildly entertaining at best. If you dont have a story that makes sense you're gonna have a shit movie. That's why after all these kids rushed to see in its opening weekend (1/3 because of Trey Songz) it dropped to 9th place with only 5 million. The proof is in the reaction to the movie.
JohnCorley92 Friday 1/18/2013 at 02:13 AM | 99714