Forums Trailers and Videos
Before 'MAMA' There Was A Short Film Of The Same Name; Watch It Now

As I'm sure you're quite aware by now, on January 18, 2013 the feature film MAMA is going to invade theaters nationally. However, what you might not know is that the movie was based on a short film of the same name from Andy and Barbara Muschietti. So to get you movie-going juices flowing, we've managed to get a hold of the original short film which just-so-happens to be presented by Guillermo del Toro and includes what del Toro refers to as "one of the scariest scenes" that he's ever seen. So dim the lights, and be prepared to have the bejesus scared out of you.

In the film, "Five years ago, sters Victoria and Lilly vanished from their suburban neighborhood without a trace. nce then, their Uncle Lucas (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) and his girlfriend, Annabel (Jesca Chastain), have been madly searching for them. But when, incredibly, the kids are found alive in a decrepit cabin, the couple wonders if the girls are the only guests they have welcomed into their home.

As Annabel tries to introduce the children to a normal life, she grows convinced of an evil presence in their house. Are the sters experiencing traumatic stress, or is a ghost coming to vit them? How did the broken girls survive those years all alone? As she answers these disturbing questions, the new mother will find that the whispers she hears at bedtime are coming from the lips of a deadly presence."

Source: YouTube
Anonymous Saturday 12/29/2012 at 04:19 AM | 99353
Really stoked to see this one! Great post B! Interesting to know there was this short! I am excited by this concept, hope it lives up to the hype I have for it....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 12/29/2012 at 05:36 AM | 99355
Looks like a really good film.

Hope that wasn't all the best bits.
cat Tuesday 1/01/2013 at 03:25 PM | 99403