Forums Television
A&E's 'Bates Motel' Presents The First Image Of Norman And His Mother Norma

With shooting for A&E's upcoming must-see series Bates Motel currently under way in Vancouver, Canada. We now have our first look at two of the central characters: young Norman (Freddie Highmore) and his mother, Norma (Vera Farmiga).

The series will examine the twisted relationship between serial-killer-to-be Norman and Norma. Showrunners Carlton Cuse ("Lost") and Kerry Ehrin ("Friday Night Lights") say the series won't be limited just to what occurs in the rooms (and showers) of the motel. "The town itself is very much a character in the show," Cuse says. "There are a lot of secrets that lurk beneath this bucolic veneer."

“Bates Motel” will give viewers an intimate understanding of how Norman Bates’ psyche developed from his childhood through his teen years. Fans will have access to the dark, twisted backstory and learn firsthand how his mother, Norma, and her lover damaged Norman, helping forge the most well-known serial killing motel owner in history.

Freddie Highmore, Vera Farmiga, Max Thieriot, W. Earl Brown, Nestor Carbonell, Mike Vogel, Keegan Connor Tracy, Olivia Cooke and Nicola Peltz star in Bates Motel.

Look for Bates Motel to premiere

in 2013.

Source: EW
Anonymous Tuesday 11/20/2012 at 09:43 PM | 97991
This looks to be a grand series too...is it just me, or are there a lot of proming movies and series coming up? Love to see what Norman had to put up to, and how crazy his mother and her boyfriend are. It's a good thing the old idea of Bates Motel didn't happen in the eighties...I think the time is more right for his legacy then back in the old days of the dissapointing sequels Psycho had. But boy, do I love those Psycho movies;-)
UberJason78 Wednesday 11/21/2012 at 04:52 PM | 98094