Forums Television
Anne Rice Talks Story Details For The Vampire Chronicles Show - Casting & More!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Anyone that knows anything about vampires has heard of Anne Rice's “The Vampire Chronicles”. The year 1994 saw her first entry of the series adapted into a film of the same title INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE. 2004 saw the release of her second entry QUEEN OF THE DAMNED. Many years have passed and it seemed as though we would never see the vampire Lestat make a visual return again. That all may soon be changing.

We just recently learned the news that Anne Rice has acquired the rights to "The Vampire Chronicles" and is in the process of developing a TV series along with her son Christopher.

In a new interview, Rice spoke with EW about the process of all of this saying:

"We’re in the planning stage right now. Emails are flying back and forth with all our different ideas about how we want to do it. Nothing is firm yet, except that we do want to start with the second book in the series, The Vampire Lestat. We want to start with him and his birth as a vampire, and go on from there. And at this point, tentatively, I see two seasons, maybe, to do the entire book."

In regards to the fans she says:

"I want to give them the situations they expect to see, and the characters that they expect to see. Again, I think TV is the ideal place for that."

On her choice of who should portray Louis:

"[He should have] beauty. Great beauty. It’s Louis’ beauty that attracted Lestat to him, and I would hope it would be a beautiful actor like Matt Bomer. Somebody with that incredible beauty. Brad Pitt did a beautiful job in the original film, and he set the bar very high when it comes to physical beauty."

She went on to discuss who she would pick to play Marius:

"Well there’s one other thing I might throw out there: I would absolutely love it if Matthew MacFadyen, the British actor, ever wanted to be part of this and wanted to play Marius. Marius is one of the pillars of the Chronicles – 2,000 years old – and I am an absolute, stoned fan of Matthew MacFadyen in Ripper Street and every other show that he’s ever done. Talk about quality TV — Ripper Street is just outstanding."

A GAME OF THRONES style approach for the series has been hinted at from Rice. Both Anne and Christopher will be executive producing the series.

We will continue to keep you updated on The Vampire Chronicles coming to television as we hear it.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 11/30/2016 at 04:54 PM | 104542