Forums Television
Update On Anne Rice’s VAMPIRE CHRONICLES TV Series!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Anyone that knows anything about vampires has heard of Anne Rice's “The Vampire Chronicles”. The year 1994 saw her first entry of the series adapted into a film of the same title INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE. 2004 saw the release of her second entry QUEEN OF THE DAMNED. Many years have passed and it seemed as though we would never see the vampire Lestat make a visual return again. That all looks to be changing soon.

Back in November we learned that Anne Rice had acquired the rights to "The Vampire Chronicles" and is in the process of developing a TV series along with her son Christopher.

According to Variety, Anne Rice’s “The Vampire Chronicles” has now been optioned by Paramount TV and Anonymous Content. Rice’s son Christopher will be writing and executive producing the series. The project is soon set to be shopped around to different networks.

“It is undeniable that Anne Rice has created the paradigm against which all vampire stories are measured. The rich and vast world she has created with The Vampire Chronicles is unmatched and sophisticated with 90’s gothic undertones that will be perfectly suited to captivate audiences,” said Amy Powell, President, Paramount TV. “The series is full of compelling characters led by Lestat, arguably one of the greatest original characters, literary or otherwise.”

“I’m thrilled beyond words to be working with Paramount TV and Anonymous Content — known for extraordinary cutting edge series such as ‘True Detective,’ ‘Quarry,’ and ‘The Knick,’ said Anne Rice. “In this unique golden age of television, I couldn’t ask for a finer or more passionate team to help bring my beloved vampire hero, Lestat, alive in a series of the highest quality. This is a dream come true, both for me and for Christopher and for the fans who have been asking to see the Brat Prince in this medium for years.”

A GAME OF THRONES style approach for the series has been hinted at from Rice. Anne joins her son Christopher as executive producers for the series.

We will continue to keep you updated on the VAMPIRE CHRONICLES coming to television as we hear it.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 4/29/2017 at 03:30 PM | 104861