Forums Horror Movie Talk
4 DON'Ts for Watching Movies

Ive come up with a few Donts, tied in with a few dos for going to see a horror film. You can take my advice for what it is or leave it. These are just a few dos and donts to be very helpful when watching a film, and Ive seem to enjoy the film a lot more. Remember, you have a functioning brain so dont be afraid to use it! If you have more you would like to add to my list, then please do!

1. Do not go into a movie with expectations. If you go into a film with high or low expectations, they can often be met with dissatisfaction. So dont go in with expectations!

2. Dont let your friends or family be the ones to judge for you whether or not the movie is a good one. Lets face it, you know yourself a lot better than anyone else knows you. Too often from friends I hear that a movie is terrible and that I shouldnt watch it. However, I still watch it. Often their opinion is completely oppote of what I feel after Im done watching the film.

3. Heres an idea.... dont do tons of research on it before you go see the film. In the early days of cinema, there was no IMDB, movie trailers being played on tv, or internet! Here you are asking... "But how would I know if its worth watching?" WARNING: this may blow your mind... you take a chance and just go see it! Who cares if its good or not. Movies were meant to be a form of art and entertainment! Accept the film for what it is!

4. Go into a film with an open mind. Embrace the flaws as beauty or art. Who knows! Maybe that terrible take or terrible acting is exactly what the movie was going for. There may be greater symbolism behind it.
BloodyAdored Friday 11/09/2012 at 03:37 PM | 97698
This is all really good advice in light of Disney's recent Episode VII announcement. :)
Boisv Friday 11/09/2012 at 08:56 PM | 97699
5th and posbly most important.. If it' a horror movie, watch it alone! ... in the dark!

Get the full effect, the way it was intended to be seen. Nothing worse than the useless commentary and bad jokes of others killing the mood. ;)
zombie7666 Friday 11/09/2012 at 09:49 PM | 97700
Great article as usual Malison! As for Casper I totally agree about the "watching a horror movie alone" aspect unless of course its something that is meant for a group, Evil Dead or a B movie that is supposed to be fun. Movies like Ti West's "The Innkeepers" and others like that MUST be watched alone, at night to be fully appreciated!!!! :)
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 11/10/2012 at 12:28 AM | 97701