Forums Horror Movie Talk
Wes Craven Asks His Twitter Followers If They Want Another Installment Of 'Scream'

For those of you Scream fans out there who hunger for more. We thought we'd share a little tweet that was posted by Wes Craven on his Twitter account earlier to which he asked his fans a very mple question...

“No news on ‘Scream 5′ yet. You guys really want another one?”

So far over 560 devoted fans have tweeted back. What do you guys think... Scream 5? Yay of Nay?

Source: Twitter
Anonymous Monday 11/12/2012 at 09:47 PM | 97742
It would have to be done PERFECTLY. Kevin williamson only, no studio second guessers muddying up the script. The first scream was a masterpiece because of the perfect chemistry between williamson and craven. On scream 4 the studio all but cut them out, and while i enjoyed the hell out of it the first time I saw it, it comes off a little half-assed on later viewings
Illinois-Michael Monday 11/12/2012 at 11:17 PM | 97746
After watching Scream 4 and being seriously dissapointed, I'd have to say Nay to a Scream 5. They turned it into a big joke, it seemed like everyone got stabbed in the stomach, there was the scene with a mock up of Casey Becker that wasn't even shown in the film. They cut out scenes the would have paid homage to the first film. The muc in Scream 4 was atrocious, I wish they'd go back and watch the first one to understand what they did right and capitalize on it, instead they seem to be doing a half ass job. Her coun being the killer made no sense, especially nce she's pretty short compared to everyone, I could go on and on.
Sephit Tuesday 11/13/2012 at 06:58 AM | 97753
Well said sephit. They need to look back at Scream 1 & 2 and do another one. Id be down for a S5 Tho
kizzle Wednesday 11/14/2012 at 10:17 PM | 97774
Scream was a homage to horror films of the 80's, including Carpenter's 1978 Halloween. Growing up during the nineties, horror originality was dead, with the exception of Wes Craven's New Nightmare, which is one of the most underrated horror films of all time. Craven directed a film (Scream) that was scary, creative, and fresh, all while satisfying the Generation X horror base and establishing new creative horror directions for Generation Y. The problem is, after Scream, the rest of the entries in the series sucked. Scream 2 lived off the momentum of Scream. Scream 3 lived off the little momentum that was left. Scream 4 was so bad, that if it wasn't for a Michael Myers/Laurie Strode reference during the climax, I wouldn't remember anything about it. It was that bad. Scream 5? I'll pass. Scream 5 with Wes Craven? I already saw enough of Scream 4 after one viewing that I've lost confidence in the Craven/Scream alliance. I want to see Wes Craven go in a new direction not associated with the Ghost Face Killer (Wu Tang Clan fans spare me the sarcasm). Where that direction is is anybody's guess but when I think of Wes Craven I think of 1984's A Nightmare on Elm Street and 1994's Wes Craven's New Nightmare. Those two movies have set the standard for Craven so damn high for me. Anything below that is a yawn.
iamthebearman Thursday 11/15/2012 at 09:51 PM | 97793