Forums Horror Movie Talk
Masters of Horror Music Composers: John Carpenter

I believe it is safe to say one of the top Horror Muc Composers is John Carpenter. This man has composed the chilling muc for over twenty films. Some of his more notable works are in the films like Halloween, Christine, and Village of the Damned. Just the Halloween theme song creeps people out! Heck I have the Halloween theme muc as my ringtone on my phone, and I'm always turning heads and freaking people out with it! Carpenter is not only a great composer, he is also a great writer and director! Carpenter has mastered the genre of horror and truly is a jack of all trades when it comes to making a horror movie.
BloodyAdored Thursday 12/13/2012 at 02:32 AM | 99216
John Carpenter did alot of effective scores, I remember my very first soundtrack, being Halloween II. The mplicity of his muc, is what makes it so interesting. For the first Halloween he did about 5 themes through out the whole movie, and it was easy to play on keyboards for young people . I also love his score voor The Fog..thanks to that soundtrack, I love his veron of the movie far more better then the remake from 2005. That's only because of the muc and the chill factor it gives to the film. I hope Carpenter will do a great score again
UberJason78 Saturday 12/15/2012 at 05:42 PM | 99233