Forums Horror Movie Talk
Rob Zombie Says No To "Halloween 3"

From January 23, 2013

In a forthcoming interview with SciFiNow, Rob Zombie touched upon the Halloween movies he has directed, including defending his making of Halloween 2. He also made it very clear that he would be no part of any future Halloween films.

Speaking excluvely to SciFiNow for a future issue, Rob Zombie offered an update on the posbility of the long talked about third film in his Halloween reboot series.

“I don’t think they are doing anything with Halloween at the moment,” said Zombie. “That is the last thing that I heard – and I’m definitely not directing it if they ever do go ahead with a third movie.”

Perhaps motivated by the harsh feedback that

he received for 2009′s Halloween 2, Zombie still remains defenve of the often critically slammed sequel.

“I love that movie,” says Zombie. “I think it is a great movie. But I wish it had a different title. If it was called something else then people might have watched it and accepted it for what it was. Instead, because it was called Halloween 2, people were saying ‘How can you do this when it is supposed to be that?’ Although as time has gone by some fans have told me that they like it, and that it is one of their favorites from the franchise."

“I think because it was a Halloween sequel people had a preconceived idea of what it was supposed to be.”

Source-www.robzombie.com
wabisabi333 Friday 2/01/2013 at 06:18 AM | 99926
I think it is amung he tries to say if it had a different title it would have been accepted. Im sorry, but the script was flawed. It is the most annoying movie to t through. I wont spend too much time bashing H2, because most of you know how i feel about it...however in my opinion there was nothing original about H2. He took things from 4-6 and made them into a movie. He didnt focus on it being scary, or suspensful...or even make you jump. If he wanted to make a drama he shouldnt have done H2.
JohnCorley92 Friday 2/01/2013 at 11:04 PM | 99932
So you put Michael Myers, Dr Loomis and Laurie Strode in a shitty film and then go on to say that it shouldn't have even be called Halloween? Why the fuck did he even bother making it then?

I like Rob Zombie but man he's arrogant when he talks about his films
joshk1986 Friday 2/01/2013 at 11:05 PM | 99933
Yeah I agree, the movie would not stand on it's own due to too many Myers references. A good friend of mine and I have been having some deep discuson on Rob's H2 and it's fun to try and analyze it. Now the original Halloween III, "Season of the Witch" That is a white horse of a different color. I could see that film standing own it's own. I like Rob and his movies, but his H2 wasn't a good Halloween film, nor could it have owned a pair of it's own legs to make it non Halloween film. Maybe he was obligated by contract or something to put another one out which maybe he thought he could. Once knee deep into the project he could have seen the doubt to make it happen and maybe the pressure got to him. He is no failure career wise by any means. He should just own up and say that it is what it is.
wabisabi333 Friday 2/01/2013 at 11:49 PM | 99936
I just think that his whole attitude to "his own vion" and "his take" on the Halloween films is really arrogant. It just sounds like he doesn't even like the original films.

When you turn Michael Myers into a talking, maskless hobo, make Dr Loomis into a complete cunt and then have Laurie become one of the most annoying characters ever (I mean she literally spends the whole film screaming and crying) it really makes you wonder why the Akkads wanted Rob Zombie to do a film in the first place.

The first one was good because it was a nice balance of homage to the original series, and a twist of Rob Zombie's own touch... but the second is just trash. And from the main feedback from fans, almost everyone agrees.
joshk1986 Saturday 2/02/2013 at 04:07 AM | 99942
I just think that his whole attitude to "his own vion" and "his take" on the Halloween films is really arrogant. It just sounds like he doesn't even like the original films.

When you turn Michael Myers into a talking, maskless hobo, make Dr Loomis into a complete cunt and then have Laurie become one of the most annoying characters ever (I mean she literally spends the whole film screaming and crying) it really makes you wonder why the Akkads wanted Rob Zombie to do a film in the first place.

The first one was good because it was a nice balance of homage to the original series, and a twist of Rob Zombie's own touch... but the second is just trash. And from the main feedback from fans, almost everyone agrees.

Amen!! Agreed!!
JohnCorley92 Saturday 2/02/2013 at 06:38 AM | 99945
Subtitle of this story should be "Rest of the world thanks God".
kangas Friday 2/08/2013 at 10:03 AM | 100034
Hee hee that's a good one kangas :)
wabisabi333 Saturday 2/09/2013 at 09:12 PM | 100044
The main problem most fans have with RZ's Halloween 2 is that they cannot accept how different the characters are portrayed in the movie. Most fans expect the same Michael Myers, Dr. Loomis and Laurie Strode in every film. Rob went with new spins on clasc Halloween characters, and it worked well, in my opinion. Most fans refused to accept this and thus, hated the movie.
iamthebearman Sunday 2/10/2013 at 01:53 AM | 100045
The main problem most fans have with RZ's Halloween 2 is that they cannot accept how different the characters are portrayed in the movie. Most fans expect the same Michael Myers, Dr. Loomis and Laurie Strode in every film. Rob went with new spins on clasc Halloween characters, and it worked well, in my opinion. Most fans refused to accept this and thus, hated the movie.

You and i have had conversations about this before ;) I just feel that if Laurie wasnt screaming every 2 minutes and Michael wasnt seeing his dead mother it would have been tolerable. For me, he focused more on the drama of the movie rather than making it scary. If he could have found the right balance between the drama and the horror it would have been great. I think it would have given the opporitunity to expand enough on the characters so we didnt hate them all. I said it before that it was great he was trying to show the aftermath of it all, but he shouldnt have made it all so crazy. Even the extended veron everyone raves about...its just Laurie hallucinating -__- I think if he would have broken the movie in half like he did with H1 it would have worked better. Then he could have kept the crazy stuff, and it wouldnt have been SO much that we wanted it to end. It would have given some good scary, brutal hospital stuff the first 30-45 minutes and then took the last hour to show the aftermath...i think it would have flowed better and given the audience what they wanted/expected while taking a the turn he decided on. That i feel would have been a more fulfilling expierence for everyone.
JohnCorley92 Sunday 2/10/2013 at 06:12 PM | 100049

You and i have had conversations about this before ;) I just feel that if Laurie wasnt screaming every 2 minutes and Michael wasnt seeing his dead mother it would have been tolerable. For me, he focused more on the drama of the movie rather than making it scary. If he could have found the right balance between the drama and the horror it would have been great. I think it would have given the opporitunity to expand enough on the characters so we didnt hate them all. I said it before that it was great he was trying to show the aftermath of it all, but he shouldnt have made it all so crazy. Even the extended veron everyone raves about...its just Laurie hallucinating -__- I think if he would have broken the movie in half like he did with H1 it would have worked better. Then he could have kept the crazy stuff, and it wouldnt have been SO much that we wanted it to end. It would have given some good scary, brutal hospital stuff the first 30-45 minutes and then took the last hour to show the aftermath...i think it would have flowed better and given the audience what they wanted/expected while taking a the turn he decided on. That i feel would have been a more fulfilling expierence for everyone.

Your point reiterates my point that either you loved or hated this movie. Far more people hate the movie than love it and I can understand why. I think most fans were expecting a certain movie but got something completely different. Zombie's re-make of Halloween followed established Halloween rules but this one did not. It worked for me. I enjoyed the new direction Zombie took the characters. I had no problem with Laurie being portrayed the way she was. In fact, I enjoyed watching her mental breakdown. Her dialogue may have been rough around the edges but it worked well with Zombie's portrayal of her as a "total mess". Michael's vion of his mother and the white horse theme did a good job of portraying Myers as a total psychopath, for me. Definitely a unique way of going into Myers' psyche. I never saw it as "killing for mommy" but rather Myers trying to re-unite his family and seeing his mother as the head of the family. Laurie is his lost ster and Loomis is the surrogate father, so both must be killed in order to bring the family together. Again, it's all about how you interpret Zombie's symbolism and creative direction. Myers looking like a hobo never bothered me either. It gave Myers a more realistic look to the world Zombie set forth in this movie. I do wish Myers wore his mask the entire movie, I loved the black hoodie and ragged mask look. Many people hated these things but I appreciated the creative originality and execution of it all. Definitely the most unique Halloween movie of them all.

The Director's Cut ending is pure genius, although not perfectly executed. Loomis, Laurie and Michael are all dead. Michael fulfills his destiny by bringing the family back together... they're all dead. Laurie's last thoughts of her mother walking down the white hallway with a white horse to "take her back home" brings the entire movie full circle. The first scene was young Michael explaining his dream of seeing his mother walk down a white hallway with a white horse to take him back home, and for the film to end with Laurie seeing the same thing was pure genius, in my opinion. It also worked for the end to the Theatrical Edition. Nobody survives (except Brackett), no hero(s), no opening to a sequel. A tragic, surreal ending to characters who are not suppose to die, ever. And Zombie killed them off. Zombie definitely broke a lot of Halloween rules with this film. If you love it, no explanation is necessary. If you hate it, no explanation will do.
iamthebearman Wednesday 2/13/2013 at 10:05 PM | 100099