Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
Sam Raimi Speaks More About The Evil Dead 4 Situation!

Sam Raimi surprised all of his fans on Friday when he announced that he and his brother, Ivan, would be writing a posble script for Evil Dead 4 during the summer. BleedingCool.com had the chance to talk with Sam and learned that, while Raimi's hopes for the sequel are far up there, the film itself is nothing at all set in stone.

"I would like to work on the script over the summer," he explains. "That much is true. But the reason to come back and do it again is only that they’re making me, those fans... I am thinking about it, but a crowd goes 'Come on Sam, do it!' so I said 'Okay, I guess I was talking to my brother about it.' But I feel like I was pushed into saying that, a little bit."

The Evil Dead series began in 1981 with the self-proclaimed "Ultimate Experience in Grueling Terror" and continued in 1987's semi-sequel/semi-remake Evil Dead II: Dead by Dawn, finally concluding (for the time being) with 1992's Army of Darkness. Although the franchise has continued through video games and comic books, hope for a big screen sequel seemed dashed when Raimi announced that he would be producing Fede Alvarez's upcoming remake of the first film, set for release on April 5.

The brother Raimi mentions his older brother, Ivan Raimi, with whom Sam co-wrote Army of Darkness and Drag Me to Hell (among other projects).

"I was saying to Ivan 'Why do they stay on this thing? Why do they keep at it?'" Raimi continues, "and he said 'They want you to make a movie. You’re a filmmaker and your fans are asking you to make the movie. What are you, an idiot? Make the movie!' I guess there’s something I don’t see. It makes sense when Ivan says it… I didn’t have a tremendous amount of pason until right now to bring to it."

Source- ShockTillYouDrop.com
wabisabi333 Sunday 3/03/2013 at 07:38 PM | 100305
I haven't read a lot of about Sam Raimi, but it always seems to me like he is not as personally invested in the genre as some of the other "big name" horror directors. It seems like he and his production team used The Evil Dead as an "easy" way to start their careers and he would be much happier making big-budget films like Spider Man and Oz the Great and Powerful.

Can anyone that knows more about Raimi confirm or deny?
Preston Eleven Monday 3/04/2013 at 02:51 PM | 100312
I think Sam should stay out of horror, personally i hate all his horror films. This doesnt make sense to me tho, everyone knows the remake of Evil Dead is going to be sucessful...so why make a number 4 to the original series when youre going to have to make a sequel to the reboot? Its just going to confuse people -__-
JohnCorley92 Tuesday 3/05/2013 at 04:44 AM | 100327
Sam Raimi is a great film maker.Im really looking forward to Evil Dead 4 getting made as well as seeing the reboot.I loved the Evil Dead series and Drag Me to Hell was another really good film of his although it can't compare to the Evil Dead series. I think the two film series idea around the same time isn't a bad idea.As a matter of fact I think the Halloween franchise could benefit from it.They could do a long overdue Halloween 9 then and keep the reboot series going to nce there probably ain't no chance of them scrapping it and falling back to the originals series although that would be the best idea.
horrorlord Tuesday 3/05/2013 at 06:50 AM | 100332
Every few years Raimi says he's making Evil Dead 4.
AgnesItsMeBilly Tuesday 3/05/2013 at 01:55 PM | 100338