Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
Breaking News: Romero To Make A NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD Prequel!

Remember the first time that you saw the original NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD? For a lot of us, it was our very first taste of zombies. The film has taken on such a powerful iconic role in movie history and at the time that it being made, it wasn't even considered more than just a bunch of college kids doing there thing and seeing their project through. George A. Romero's chilling vision of the dead rising and seeking out live human flesh was very original at the time and has now spawned a craze in zombie flicks and television everywhere today.

Ever wondered what happened during NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD before the outbreak? Now 46 years The Romero family’s directorial legacy continues with a son following in his father’s footsteps. G. Cameron Romero (STAUNTON HILL), son of George A. Romero (NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD) announced today that he has launched his campaign on Indiegogo, for ORIGINS, the genesis story of the first Romero zombie in his father’s iconic masterpiece NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD.

“I feel carrying on my dad’s legacy is something that I not only want to do, but it’s something I HAVE to do,” says Cameron Romero, Director of ORIGINS. “…because I, like all my dad’s fans, was raised on his creation.”

Producer Darrin Reed said, “The origin story deserves to be told by someone who passionately loves and has a unique insight into the original movie and nobody has that more than George’s own son.”

Set in the turbulent late sixties, the film tells the story of a brilliant scientist Dr. Alan Cartwright who strikes a deal with the military that will give him all the resources he needs to finalize his work in exchange for what he later learns is a price all mankind will have to pay.

Released in 1968 and directed by George A. Romero, the original feature is credited as being the first zombie film, which went on to spawn five Romero sequels over 40 years of cinematic history. Ripe with political commentary both on race and the Vietnam War, NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD has endured generation after generation and has inspired such acclaimed filmmakers as Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez. In 1999, the film was added to the Library of Congress’ National Film Registry and has been on multiple AFI Top 100 lists. It was distributed by the The Walter Reed Organization, and though the film’s copyright fell into public domain along with its zombies, the Romero name and legacy has endured.

And now with ORIGINS, the legend will continue.

We will continue to bring you the best in Horror Movie/Horror TV News.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 10/16/2014 at 06:50 PM | 102905

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Without question John Carpenter is one of the most influential filmmaker's of all time. He has created such classic chillers as HALLOWEEN and THE FOG even a remake of THE THING. Carpenter has also given us some great action movies too, introducing us to Snake Plissken in ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK and the alien invasion film THEY LIVE.

Music is something that Carpenter has always loved. The master filmmaker is known for the mysterious scores within his movies. Now Carpenter has taken his talents to the audio world with a new nine track record titled "Lost Themes." Samples of this project have been teased but now it is available in its entirety.

To hear the entire version of "Lost Themes" Click HERE to visit the NPR website for the full stream. Below you find two of the tracks if you wish to sample. "Lost Themes" will be available from Sacred Bones Records February 3rd.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 1/27/2015 at 08:20 PM | 103113