Forums Breaking Horror News and Rumors
Breaking News: AMC Pulls TALKING DEAD Off The Air

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

THE TALKING DEAD has been taken off of the air for now by AMC, as an investigation will take place. Chris Hardwick’s ex-girlfriend Chloe Dykstra has made claims that she was victim to his verbal and sexual abuse. While she never makes mention of his name in essay published by Medium, the time frame of the claims and the when the two dated match up.

Hardwick released the following statement on Friday:

“I was heartbroken to read Chloe’s post,” Hardwick wrote. “Our three year relationship was not perfect–we were ultimately not a good match and argued–even shouted at each other–but I loved her, and did my best to uplift and support her as a partner and companion in any way and at no time did I sexually assault her.”

Hardwich is one of the most recognizable faces on television today as he is the host of AMC’s THE TALKING DEAD, the aftershow of THE WALKING DEAD and FEAR THE WALKING DEAD.

Here is AMC’s statement on the situation:

“We have had a positive working relationship with Chris Hardwick for many years. We take the troubling allegations that surfaced yesterday very seriously.

“While we assess the situation, ‘Talking With Chris Hardwick’ will not air on AMC, and Chris has decided to step aside from moderating planned AMC and BBC America panels at Comic-Con International in San Diego next month.”

The Nerdist has also removed Hardwick’s name and any mention of him from their website.

A representative from The Nerdist released the following statement:

“The company has removed all reference to Mr. Hardwick even as the original Founder of Nerdist pending further investigation.”

AMC was set to air Hardwick’s brand new talk show titled Talking With Chris Hardwick this Sunday with guests such as Donald Glover, Chris Pratt, Bill Hader, Ethan Hawke, Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 6/17/2018 at 12:36 AM | 105801