Forums October 2012
Warner Brothers Acquires The Entire Friday the 13th Franchise

Last week, as you may remember, it was announced that Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group

gained the excluve rights to phycal Blu-ray and DVD distribution of more than 600 Paramount catalog titles. Now if you're a Friday the 13th fan, this news should have left you doing cartwheels in your grandmothers back yard, because to date we have yet to see a definitive box set of all the F13 titles in the series. (As Friday the 13th Franchise.com also notes, Paramount has yet to release Friday the 13th 5-8 on Blu-Ray.)

So if you're like me, then you probably have the same exact question on mind -- will Warner Bros. listen to the fans and finally give us what we've been longing for?

According to Daniel Farrands, the director who brought us NEVER SLEEP AGAIN and the upcoming CRYSTAL LAKE MEMORIES, Warner Bros. indeed has all eight of Paramount's FRIDAY THE 13th films as part of their new distribution deal. However, it's unclear what the studio has planned for them; Farrands contends that "they haven't yet decided whether they will release a full Blu-ray box set or mply release 'one offs' of each title."

Either way this news is a win-win for all of us die-hards!Say what you will about the film, but I'll be the first in line to purchase JASON TAKES MANHATTAN when it hits on Blu-ray!!

Source: Arrow In The Head
Anonymous Tuesday 10/23/2012 at 12:09 AM | 97314
The only way I'm buying any more Friday releases is if its Blu. We need a nice Blu-ray release of Part 4.
DoubleshotJ Tuesday 10/23/2012 at 04:02 AM | 97325
I would buy a blu-ray box set, absolutely. I've been looking for The Final Chapter on blu-ray for some time.. Not easy to track down.

Thats a great picture you posted btw, Brian.. wallpaper material!
AgnesItsMeBilly Tuesday 10/23/2012 at 04:33 AM | 97326
Does this mean Paramount does not own anything else from the Friday the 13th franchise?
Pinhead Tuesday 10/23/2012 at 08:59 PM | 97345
Does this mean Paramount does not own anything else from the Friday the 13th franchise?

Good point.

Maybe they can't see it going anywhere.
cat Wednesday 10/24/2012 at 08:39 PM | 97386
Makes you wonder what Paramount is going to do. Only thing they really had left was Marvel movies, and now Disney took that from them and will start doing it on their own soon. They already took DVD/Blu-ray distribution from them.

Now they are selling off everything. Are they working to put money behind something new, or what?
braindamagefilms Wednesday 10/24/2012 at 09:46 PM | 97391
So does this mean its up too WB to make future installments?
kizzle Saturday 10/27/2012 at 07:51 PM | 97444
That's the way that we are taking the information Kizzle....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 10/27/2012 at 09:53 PM | 97448