Forums November 2012
The Release Date For Paranormal Activity 5 Has Been Set!

With a dismal box office showing compared to the previous installments, Paranormal Activity 5 is a go as previously reported. Although no details have surfaced thus far concerning who will be directing the film, or handling the writing duties. It's very feable to predict that Paramount will stick to its guns and bring back the former pair of Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman to direct fifth installment.

Deadline is reporting that the film will “advance the story,” but their report gives no indication as to who demonic Toby will be terrorizing (or possesng) this time. With all that said, a piece of concrete news has come forth regarding the release date of the film. As speculated PA 5 will hit theaters on October 25th, 2013, but will there be enough faithful's to keep the series alive, or will this be the last installment the finally ends the $350,000,000 grosng franchise?

Source: the 'Bid, Screen Rant
Anonymous Wednesday 11/21/2012 at 04:52 AM | 98004
I dont get where they are going to take this story. I think 2 was a great ending, and i think that if done right Paranormal 3 should have been the last. Part 4 was horrible, nothing happened. The ending was pathetic, and it wasnt scary in any way. Every movie they bring up more questions, that they dont want to answer. Then they NEVER answer them, they just keep leaving it open. Personally i think that if they are going ahead with 5 (which is sad) they need to go all out. Be fucking in your face, brutal and intense. The first 3 should have ended it all, because i dont see where they are going with it. Just like part 2, the demon has the kid again. Wasnt that the whole point of the series??
JohnCorley92 Wednesday 11/21/2012 at 04:25 PM | 98079
As a huge fan of the first 4, I hope they do wrap it up with this one. It's pretty clear from box office takings and reviews that the series are running out of steam pretty damn fast.

But as JohnCorley92 says, I have no clue where they would take it. I feel like they could have really ended it with the 4th ending.
joshk1986 Thursday 11/22/2012 at 07:13 AM | 98141