Forums Horror Movie News
Michael Myers To Return To The Big Screen A Few More Times? HALLOWEEN 3 Update!

Since 2009, we have heard the rumors of another HALLOWEEN film. Many attempts to resurrect Michael Myers one more time have fallen short. Then there was no mention of a new installment for quite some time and it began to look as if another trip to Haddonfield wasn't ever going to happen. Then around a month ago it was confirmed that another Halloween film is indeed in the works.

Collider recently caught up with Malek Akkad, the man who oversees the HALLOWEEN franchise, to talk with him a bit about some things.

When he was asked about the upcoming HALLOWEEN 3 Akkad replied:

"It will definitely keep elements and bring in new elements. I really want to bring it back to kind of like, the classic – because the last one got a little dark – I want to bring it back to the classic Friday night Horror film that people will really like."

So we can expect the next entry to return to the more classic feel with new elements intertwined. In regards to the script Akkad says:

"Todd Farmer and Patrick Lussier did a script. The next day after the last one came out, we were back in production for HALLOWEEN 3D. We were about two weeks from going down to Louisiana to shoot it and for whatever reason, the studio thought we were maybe moving a little bit too quickly. I disagree. I think we had a great script and a great team and it would have been a massive hit. But right now we’re currently working on a new script for HALLOWEEN 3, so it’s all in the works right now."

Then there was this powerful statement made by Malek Akkad:

"The thing about Horror films, I think they’re just a fun thrill ride. You can go feel safe and feel scared. People kind of let themselves go. That’s the fun of it. And that’s the coolest killer out there. And I think there’s just some thing very cool about Michael Myers, because he’s got the mask, you kind of fill in the pieces for yourself. So everyones got their own impression of what’s underneath. So hopefully that can continue and sustain for a few more films."

"A few more films?" You read that right. Although nothing is ever set in stone, it is nice to know that the plan is to continue making more HALLOWEEN films with Michael Myers in them. We will continue to follow this story.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 6/30/2014 at 06:14 AM | 102717