Forums Horror Movie News
GHOSTBUSTERS 3 Cast Revealed? - Not A Sequel? - Bill Murray Legal Drama

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

This year marked the 30 year Anniversary of all that is GHOSTBUSTERS. There have been a lot of rumors going around as to what the GHOSTBUSTERS 3 film will eventually become. We have heard supposed plot details, possible actors, and a number of different bits and pieces being tossed around. We know that Paul Feig, director of BRIDESMAIDS will be in the director's chair and there is great speculation of seeing a dominant female cast for the third film.

Some new developments have been brought to the forefront from the fallout of the big Sony email hack that went down recently. Daily Beast shared an email dated October 8, 2014, from Amy Pascal to Ivan Reitman, director/producer of the original GHOSTBUSTERS film, revealing some key details about the upcoming movie, scheduled for release possibly in summer 2016:

“Agree that everyone is way too nervous about how this issue and how we present it but it's isn't a sequel to the 80s movies and it is gonna be totally original with completely different characters and our job is to find a clever way to connect the movie to the original franchise so that we can use all the assets and everything that is great about the original franchise,” the email read. “Paul's movie is gonna be the first one and from what I'm hearing Jennifer Lawrence, Emma Stone, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Schumer and Liszzy [Lizzy] Kaplan just to name a few have already said they wanted to be in....”

While that list of names is not confirmed by any means, it appears that the plan for the next GHOSTBUSTERS film is for it to not be a sequel.

Yet another revealed email dated October 31, 2013, from David Steinberg, head of Sony Pictures Entertainment’s legal department, to Leah Weil, SPE’s general counsel, touches on Bill Murray’s alleged reluctance to star in Paul Feig’s upcoming GHOSTBUSTERS adaptation:

"In order to more fully evaluate our position if Bill Murray again declines to engage on ‘Ghostbusters’, AG requested that we identify ‘aggressive’ litigation counsel with whom we can consult to evaluate our alternatives and strategize,” the email read. “[Harkening back to his prior employer, of course, raised the name of David Boies.] Personally, while I’m fine with aggressive, I think we are in much worse shape if this goes public so seems to me we should look for someone who isn’t seeking the spotlight.”

Only time will tell if we will see Bill Murray in GHOSTBUSTERS 3, or whatever the film will be called. We will continue to bring you more on this story as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 12/13/2014 at 08:41 PM | 103024