Forums Horror Movie News
A BEETLEJUICE 2 Update Is Within!!!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

It seems that we all assumed if the guy that had to have his name spoken three times were to ever return to the big screen it would be Tim Burton doing the directing and that only one man could play the iconic lead role. There was word going on quite a while ago that a script was being written by Seth Grahame-Smith for BEETLEJUICE 2, but a Burton ran show was never officially a sure thing. Now a bit of an update has come to the surface to shed a little bit of light onto the subject at hand.

Burton said in regards to BEETLEJUICE 2 in an interview with STYD:

“It’s a character that I love and I miss and I miss actually working with Michael. There’s only one Betelgeuse. We’re working on a script and I think it’s probably closer than ever and I’d love to work with him again.”

Michael Keaton recently shared his thoughts on the subject with Deadline saying:

"Tim Burton and I have emailed about it. We’re both in the same situation (of always being busy on other projects). Neither one of us gets tired of the conversation… Tim says he’s working on something, then goes away for a while. At some point, someone is going to say we really want to do it. You don’t want to f*ck it up, so it has to be perfect."

We will continue to bring you more on BEETLEJUICE 2 as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 12/15/2014 at 11:51 PM | 103028