Forums Horror Movie News
Update On THE CROW Remake Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Talk of the world receiving a remake of THE CROW has been going on for what seems like forever and now it appears that the light at the end of the tunnel has been beginning to shine a little brighter.

Previously it had become known that F. Javier Gutierrez was in line to be directing Relativity Studio's upcoming THE CROW remake but that has changed as we learned last month that Corin Hardy will now be filling that void and his first feature film THE HALLOW is due out this year sometime. Gutierrez dropped out of the spot due to instead direct the next entry into THE RING franchise.

Corin Hardy recently spoke with Fangoria about the upcoming remake saying:

"what I can say for now is that I’m a huge, huge fan of both the first film and James O’Barr’s graphic novel. I was obsessed with THE CROW when I was growing up. When I heard about the remake, what I thought could be very interesting today, 20 years later, especially with this whole Marvel Universe that’s happened, is that the Crow always stood as an outsider to me. I kind of felt he would be the right character for me if I got the chance to do it. And now that I have gotten the chance to do it, I’m very much going back to the graphic novel, particularly looking into the illustrations themselves as much as the story, and picking out all those beautiful ideas and details that haven’t really been used yet."

Hardy further adds:

“I also want to open the story up in such a way that the Crow is now part of a world where there are the Marvel movies and the DARK KNIGHT movies. I intend it to be incredibly emotional and brutal, and all the things you’d want from a CROW film. I want to make a movie that I would have wanted to see, as a huge fan of THE CROW.”

The script is penned by Clff Dorfman with series creator James O'Barr working as a creative consultant. Luke Evans is in line to possibly be the one to wear the iconic makeup.

The producer of the film Ed Pressman, is saying that production on the movie is set to begin during the Spring.

We will continue to bring you more on THE CROW remake as it continues to unfold.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 1/23/2015 at 08:15 PM | 103106