Forums Horror Movie News
Huge Update On The Release Of Eli Roth's THE GREEN INFERNO Plus Trailer For His New Film KNOCK KNOCK!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Being trapped in the Amazon jungle, having been kidnapped by a tribe that still practices cannibalism would be a true nightmare. Eli Roth's film THE GREEN INFERNO was designed to cause pure fear. It made it's debut at TIFF in 2013 and it's showing caught the eye of Open Road Films, who acquired the movie for a planned theatrical run, but ran into some problems.

Open Road Films original plan was to open the film last year, but that never materialized. Eli Roth recently spoke with Indiewire about his debut at Sundance and his new film KNOCK KNOCK.

When asked about the status of THE GREEN INFERNO Roth replied:

"As of right now, all systems are go for the theatrical release. Here's the thing: everyone is working to resolve it. Open Road has been amazing through this entire process. I really love them, they've been great. Even with whatever situation World View is going through, everyone is working together to find the best, cleanest, most positive resolution and get the film out in the widest release possible. I think realistically it would be in the August to September range. We wanted to have an announcement at Sundance. Trust me, I check in with the lawyers every day. Everyone is working to resolve it as soon as possible and we have hope to have an announcement within the next couple of weeks for the definite theatrical plan for the film. Everyone's been so supportive. It's almost been like "Save ‘The Green Inferno,'" in the same way that the students in the film want to save the Amazon."

As for Eli Roth's next film KNOCK KNOCK, it made it's debut just last night at Sundance. Below you will find the trailer for the film.

Synopsis:

"Evan Webber (Keanu Reeves) is living the dream. Just look at his beautiful, successful wife, his two wonderful kids, and his truly stunning house—which he designed himself. Of course he did. Things are going so well, Evan doesn’t even mind spending Father’s Day alone while the rest of his family heads out for a beach weekend. And then there’s a knock on the door. The two young women (Lorenza Izzo and Ana de Armas) standing on Evan’s doorstep are where Evan’s dream takes a nightmarish turn. Given co-writer/director Eli Roth’s well-deserved reputation for creating cinematic discomfort, it should come as no surprise what happens next: Things get weird, and then dark, and then much, much, much darker. But this is no splatter film, so Roth keeps the horror nice and psychological as Evan’s life—and house—get ripped apart, piece by beautiful piece."

We will continue to bring you more on these two as their stories unfold.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 1/24/2015 at 08:26 PM | 103108