Forums Horror Movie News
Big Update On AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING - Trailer Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

The next installment into the AMITYVILLE film series has been in the works for a long while now. Under the title AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING, and with director Frankc Khalfoun steering the wheel, things were moving along nicely. Even a very promising official trailer hit the scene (see below) and a release date was made. Then the film was pushed back into the land of wonder.

AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING Producer Jason Blum recently spoke with AITH offering an update on the status of the film:

"We're still in post on it. I'm very, very happy with it. We're continuing to have conversations with Dimension and Weinstein about how it's going to come out, but it's definitely going to come out. I think people are going to like it, Jennifer Jason Leigh is great in the movie. I'm hoping to do another movie with Franck. I'm really pleased with it, my guess is we'll announce when it'll come out sometime in the next twelve months."

When ask if there were any conflicts with The Weinstein Company over the cut of the film Blum replied:

"Like a lot of the movies that we do, we're just tinkering with it and trying to make it better. We're pretty close now. We went back and forth over the cut of the movie, which we're happy with now. We're just tinkering with the movie in post-production."

AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING stars Jennifer Jason Leigh, Bella Thorne, McKenna Grace, Cameron Monaghan, Taylor Spreitler, Thomas Mann and Jennifer Morrison.

Synopsis:

“Belle, her little sister, and her comatose twin brother move into a new house with their single mother Joan in order to save money to help pay for her brother’s expensive healthcare. But when strange phenomena begin to occur in the house including the miraculous recovery of her brother, Belle begins to suspect her Mother isn’t telling her everything and soon realizes they just moved into the infamous Amityville house.”

No official release date is available for AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING but we will keep you updated.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 2/27/2015 at 07:47 PM | 103177