Forums Horror Movie News
Wes Craven Talks Mistake With Freddy & New Ghostface Mask!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

With the recent wave of news for the upcoming SCREAM TV series we were introduced to the first set of teaser videos which had changed things up a bit, making the mask look differently with a more organic and fleshy vibe going on there. A lot of fans have been very vocal with their thoughts on this new idea to change up the mask but what does Wes Craven think of this new way?

Craven recently spoke with THR offering his thoughts on the new Ghostface mask as well as touching on one of his most precious creations, Freddy Krueger.

Craven said:

"With Freddy [Krueger] and the New Nightmare, I felt that I probably should have stuck with the original face. [With Scream,] we just let Ghostface be Ghostface. It would have been safer [not to change Freddy]. I'm not going to speculate in public, probably shouldn't have even mentioned it, but you know, sometimes you realize that something's not broken, so don't fix it. And that was the course we took on all the Scream films: Don't mess with that, it's just perfect."

As far as MTV's decision to change up the iconic Ghostface goes, only time will tell if this bold move will work or not.

Bex Taylor-Klaus, Willa Fitzgerald, John Karna, Connor Weil and Amadeus Serafini all star in the upcoming MTV SCREAM series. Jamie Travis is the director of the pilot.

"A YouTube video going viral, which soon leads to problems for the teenagers of Lakewood and serves as the catalyst for a murder that opens up a window to the town’s troubled past.

After a cyber-bullying incident results in a brutal murder, the shocking violence stirs up memories of a killing spree from the past that has haunted some, intrigued others and maybe just inspired a new killer. A group of teens – with two old friends struggling to reconnect at its heart – become lovers, enemies, suspects, targets and victims of a killer who’s out for blood."

SCREAM the series comes to television June 30th on MTV.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 4/18/2015 at 05:54 PM | 103289