Forums Horror Movie News
News On The HOUSE Remake Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

The 1986 Horror/comedy HOUSE from director Steve Miner and producer Sean S. Cunningham tells the story of a House on the edge of two dimensions, and a Vietnam veteran Roger Cobb, played by William Katt. His career as a Horror novelist takes a turn for the worst when his son Jimmy mysteriously disappears while visiting his aunt's house. He embarks on a harrowing journey into the madness of the House to find his son.

Next year will mark the 30th anniversary of HOUSE and a remake could be on the way as Cunningham has plans for one. This is something that he has been wanting to do for a while now but says it wasn't until recently that he and his collaborators were able to come up with the proper concept. That idea is to change the lead role to a female.

Cunningham tells Fangoria:

"I’m doing it right now. We are deeply in development. We worked on [a new] HOUSE about four or five years ago and determined that the structure of [the original] is extremely strong, and that just remaking it in modern times wasn’t going to improve it, and wasn’t going to change it. It would have to be rethought, and there had to be a really good reason to do it."

He continues:

“Recently, we came up with—and it sounds so obvious—what if we made a gender switch, so that it’s not a man in the house?” Cunningham continues. “Although they’re not involved, imagine HOUSE starring Kristen Wiig or Melissa McCarthy. It wouldn’t be either one of them…well, it could; I mean, that’s a dream. But suddenly we realized, oh wait, then everything would have to adjust. And also, if we did it that way, it would bring back the fun that HOUSE had. So that’s the direction I’m committed to going in. I would love to make that movie, and I hope to be able to keep all the elements of the personal story from the Bill Katt version and still have it be fun.”

We will continue to bring you more on the HOUSE remake as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 11/19/2015 at 08:05 PM | 103743