Forums Horror Movie News
The Very Latest On Next GREMLINS Movie Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Back in 1984 the Horror comedy GREMLINS hit the scene. The film was released by Warner Bros, directed by Joe Dante, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg. It has a brilliant angle as the story follows a young man who receives a strange creature called a mogwai as a pet, which then spawns other creatures who transform into small, destructive, evil monsters. Then in 1990 Dante also directed the sequel, GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH.

Now in the present day, a new GREMLINS film continues to be taking shape as Warner Bros have Carl Ellsworth writing the script. The original film was written by Christopher Columbus, who will be producing the new project along with Steven Spielberg.

One question going around is will it be a reboot or a sequel? Original star Zach Galligan recently put that question to rest at a Q&A for a screening of GREMLINS in London saying:

"It’s not going to be a reboot. It will not be a remake in any way, shape, or form. Chris Columbus has come out and said that the first film is very near and dear to his heart and as long as he is alive it will never be remade. So the only thing they will be, and apparently are going to be doing, is something along the lines of like Jurassic World, where it will be 30 years later."

On if he is involved in the new film:

"I swear on my life, I don’t know if I’m in it or not, but I think there is probably a decent chance since I’m one of the few people left standing from the first movie."

Galligan went on to say that he hopes that GREMLINS 3 will not be overpopulated with CGI and that instead should be along the lines of the new PLANET OF THE APES films.

We will continue to bring you more on GREMLINS 3 as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 11/27/2015 at 05:28 PM | 103760