Forums Horror Movie News
The Very Latest On The Next HALLOWEEN Movie Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

As you may know, Dimension tried for a very long time to create a new HALLOWEEN film but eventually lost the rights to the franchise. Things did not look good for Michael Myers, but then earlier this year it was announced that Blumhouse, Miramax, and Trancas International Films are teaming together to bring us the next HALLOWEEN film. It was also made known that John Carpenter himself will be executive producing the project, and might possibly score it as well. Malek Akkad will be producing this new project.

There were rumors going around that Mike Flanagan or Adam Wingard could be directing the next installment in the HALLOWEEN franchise but as of now, the one who will be sitting in the director's chair is still uncertain.

Last month producer Jason Blum made let everyone know that they had yet to land on the right approach and that several filmmakers were pitching ideas for the film.

Fast forward to the present, John Carpenter spoke with Dark Universe to offer an update on the status of the next HALLOWEEN film saying:

"I've known Jason for a while, he came to me and said 'How do you feel about this now that rights have diverted?' and I said, 'Sure, why not? I'll give it a shot and I'll also try to support the director.' We don’t have a script yet, so I can't tell you what it's about, but I guarantee you it's about Halloween night and it’s about a masked killer!

I found myself bitching all these years about them making another one, so with this one I thought, well, maybe I can get in and help and make something I’m proud of instead of sitting at home grumbling."

So there you have it, the wait for the script continues. At this point there is still no timetable laid out for a release but the producer did previously state that the goal was to have the new HALLOWEEN movie ready by Halloween 2017.

We will continue to bring you more on the new HALLOWEEN movie as we hear it.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 11/29/2016 at 05:55 PM | 104540