Forums Horror Movie News
Major News Regarding The Next HALLOWEEN Film!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

As you may know, Dimension tried for a very long time to create a new HALLOWEEN film but eventually lost the rights to the franchise. Things did not look good for Michael Myers, but then early last year it was announced that Blumhouse, Miramax, and Trancas International Films are going to be teaming together to bring us the next HALLOWEEN film. It was also made known that John Carpenter himself will be executive producing the project, and might possibly score it as well. Malek Akkad will be producing this new project.

John Carpenter has now officially announced on his Facebook page that David Gordon Green and Danny McBride will join the new production of the new HALLOWEEN film.

Green will direct from a screenplay written by McBride and Green (PINEAPPLE EXPRESS). The duo will also executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner. Both have experience with the Horror genre as Green worked on a possible SUSPIRIA remake for a while and Mcbride will be appearing in the upcoming ALIEN: COVENANT.

Via John Carpenter's Facebook page:

"David and Danny both came to my office recently with Jason Blum and shared their vision for the new movie and…WOW. They get it. I think you’re gonna dig it. They blew me away.

I might even do the music. Maybe. It could be kind of cool.

And you’ll get to see it in theaters on October 19th, 2018."

Only time will tell what this new HALLOWEEN film will look like. It is nice to know that the ball is still rolling.

We will continue to bring you more on the new HALLOWEEN movie as we hear it.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 2/10/2017 at 03:40 PM | 104695