Forums Horror Movie News
Heather Langenkamp Talks More Elm Street Films!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET and Freddy Krueger have become some of the biggest household names when it comes to Horror. The idea of a Horrible man that wants to kill you to which there is no escape, reaching you through your dreams is terrifying.

This year marks the thirtieth anniversary of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET 3: DREAM WARRIORS. Franchise star Heather Langenkamp, who played the character of Nancy Thompson, recently spoke with TooFab to talk about her time on Elm Street, and her co-star Robert Englund saying:

“(I would) love to go back in time and do another movie with him, I would love nothing more than that."

She added that she had never seen the 2010 remake of A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET revealing that:

“I can't let go of my own vision of 'Nightmare on Elm Street,' I just don't want to. I don't want to see another person play Freddy Krueger. I don't want to see scenes that we worked really hard on be reimagined. I respect their reason for doing it but I don't want to have it in my imagination or my mind. Those memories are so precious to me. I was a teenager when I made that movie so it's so formative. My friendship with Robert Englund is so important to me that I don't need it."

She spoke of other Horror franchises saying:

“You see this in some of the other horror franchises, is that they're taking the universes of these stories, all the elements of the story that was created and picking something that was over here, not the main thrust of the story and expanding upon it. There's so much in the 'Nightmare on Elm Street' realm that could still be explored and Freddy Krueger could still be explored some more."

Langenkamp, who is set to appear in the upcoming HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT film, says about that film:

“I'm anxious to see what I look like in that. The script was great, I really liked it and I thought it was really creative. To see one that comes across the page as being very bizarre and fresh was the main attraction for me."

She went on to say that if she was asked to do another Elm Street film that:

“I would never say no to the option of doing something like that. It's a great universe and it's one of the most creative franchises, there's more to be made, I'm sure."

A Freddy/Nancy showdown one last time? Who knows what the future holds? If nothing else it is a nice thought.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 3/03/2017 at 05:07 PM | 104741