Forums Horror Movie News
New Pinhead Talks HELLRAISER’S Future!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

As yet another HELLRAISER sequel is indeed on the way, the wonder continues to build in hopes that the film will deliver. At first it seemed as though this effort was just another studio rushing situation but as more was revealed about the movie, it looks as if this effort could be very interesting indeed.

We know that there will be no Doug Bradley or Clive Barker involved in the film. Taking on the iconic role of Pinhead this time will be Paul T. Taylor.

In recent interview with Open the Trunk, Taylor spoke about his involvement in the upcoming HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT film and how fans may not be too pleased with yet another Pinhead:

“Oh yeah. I was warned from the very beginning about that. I’m not afraid of anybody. I mean, it’s just words and, you know, words can hurt, sure. If they see the film and they don’t like me as Pinhead, that’s their prerogative to spew hate, but really, every actor is different. As much as I’m going to try to do sort of an homage to Doug Bradley’s Pinhead and “Hellraiser’s” history, this is a new film and I’m a different actor. So, yeah… people are entitled to their opinions, but I’m not worried. I’m more excited about people who DO like me as Pinhead than I am worried about people who don’t like me as Pinhead.”

He then spoke of how HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT looks to bring out some “original Clive Barker flavor”:

“I’m hoping that this particular 10th film on the 30th anniversary year of the original “Hellraiser”… I’m hoping that it brings back some of that original Clive Barker flavor. I really think the script does. I just have a lot of hope for it.”

On how HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT looks to pave the way for more sequels:

“It’s an unexplored part of Hell, I would say, introducing some new characters and some new mechanisms behind where Pinhead and all of that comes from. And, it’s also a jumping off point for a sequel following this one that could continue the story that it tells because it’s a true “Hellraiser” script with a beginning, a middle, and a sort of ambiguous end. And these new characters they introduced could be in future “Hellraiser” films. I can’t talk about them. I’m not supposed to because that would be giving spoilers away.“

Synopsis:

"Detectives Sean and David Carter are on the case to find a gruesome serial killer terrorizing the city. Joining forces with Detective Christine Egerton, they dig deeper into a spiraling maze of Horror that may not be of this world. Could the Judgment awaiting the killer’s victims also be waiting for Sean?"

Joining Taylor in the cast will be Damon Carney, who will play Detective Sean Carter, Randy Wayne plays Detective David Carter, Alexandra Harris plays Detective Christine Egerton, Jeff Fenter will play Karl Watkins, Helena Grace Donald will play Jophiel, Grace Montie is Crystal Lanning, and Heather Langenkamp will play a "chain-smoking ‘Landlady’ who snorts obscenities to the police."

With there being no certain date of release at this time, we will continue to bring you more on HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT as we hear it.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 3/25/2017 at 06:35 AM | 104787