Forums Horror Movie News
Major News On THE PREDATOR Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

The iconic classic known as PREDATOR was born back in 1987. It tells a very original and clever story about a group of military soldiers that find themselves deep within the jungle being hunted down one by one by a mysterious transparent killer alien. We learned quite some time ago that the Predator would be heading to the modern era courtesy of Twentieth Century Fox.

Back in 2014, Shane Black was picked to direct and also co-write the script for the new film along with Fred Dekker which is titled THE PREDATOR.

With production well underway on the film, original star Arnold Schwarzenegger was recently interviewed by Yahoo! Movies and when asked if he would be appearing in the upcoming film, he replied:

“They asked me, and I read it, and I didn’t like it — whatever they offered. So I’m not going to do that, no. Except if there’s a chance that they rewrite it, or make it a more significant role. But the way it is now, no, I won’t do that."

So there you have it, Schwarzenegger does not like the current script. With the film is deep into production at this time, a cameo is looking doubtful.

THE PREDATOR cast is made up of Boyd Holbrook, Jacob Tremblay, Sterling K. Brown, Keegan-Michael Key, Trevante Rhodes, Thomas Jane, Alfie Allen, Yvonne Strahovski, Jake Busey Olivia Munn and Edward James Olmos. The Predator himself will be played by actor/stuntman Kyle Strauts.

THE PREDATOR is rumored to be taking place in suburbia, with one only assuming that destruction is on the way.

With details being very slim at this time, Black previously said that THE PREDATOR will have an ensemble cast and looks to bring that same kind of impact that the Dutch's squad did in the original, adding:

"I don’t know that we’re going to deviate over much from that, but there are at least a couple of factors that we’ve deliberately chosen to make it not just that group of buff, tough guys."

Black has made it known that his take was less of a reboot and more of an "inventive sequel," expanding the existing PREDATOR universe instead of retelling the original.

Black also previously stated that:

"...the same sense of wonderment and newness that Close Encounters had when that came out. That's what we want. It's very impossible. But we're gonna try. ... It doesn't have to be 50 Predators riding motorcycles. It just has to feel like a powerful story that has a lot of flavors and textures."

The director has also talked about another change that was coming in regards to the Predator's costume saying:

“It’s not to ‘improve,’ it’s to make it fun, make it different, make it organically different,” Black explains of the upcoming changes to the Predator costume. “So what’s the extension of it that makes sense, that’s exciting? There have been a lot of changes to Stan’s design over the years. These different Predator movies have done different things. Ultimately it’s not about design to me, it’s about the story you want to tell. There are people who are always going to agonize over Iron Man, what color his suit is. Maybe this weapon does a new thing, but if the story is not good I don’t give a sh*t what color the suit is. In THE PREDATOR, we’re doing a lot of upgrades to what you would consider to be the traditional Predator technology and look, but hopefully the story is what’s going to drag people in, not just the attention to the minutiae.”

THE PREDATOR will be set in the present day and the plan is to make this an event movie, with as much money as it takes backing it.

The film is set to hit theaters on February 9, 2018.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 4/07/2017 at 02:40 PM | 104817