Forums Horror Movie News
Update On The PUPPET MASTER Reboot!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

The year 1989 saw the release of the original PUPPET MASTER film. Focusing on a group of anthropomorphic puppets animated by an Egyptian spell, each puppet was equipped with its own unique and dangerous device of evil. Nine sequels would follow, including an unofficial crossover with the characters of DEMONIC TOYS.

Creator Charles Band has been working on the PUPPET MASTER reboot titled PUPPET MASTER: THE LITTLEST REICH, which will be directed by Sonny Laguna and Tommy Wiklund, the team behind the Swedish Horror films WITHER and WE ARE MONSTERS.

It has also been revealed that PUPPET MASTER: THE LITTLEST RIECH will be set in a parallel universe to the original PUPPET MASTER films. The new film will have a much darker and serious tone than the other movies, while at the same time making room for some lighter sides as well.

We recently brought you the first look at the new puppets from the reboot, (TO VIEW NEW PUPPETS CLICK HERE).

Barbara Crampton recently spoke with Scream Horror Magazine about her new character in PUPPET MASTER: THE LITTLEST RIECH saying:

“My character is a tour guide and an ex-police officer... I was part of the police crew that brought Andre Toulon down many years ago and then thirty years later, something is happening.”

She then spoke about the plot of the reboot:

“There’s a convention and some puppet’s are going to be sold at this convention so a lot of people that bought puppets from Andre Toulon many years ago have come back to this first ever convention so all these people and all these puppets are brought together for the first time in a very long time and something happens. Obviously, I can’t say what happens but it’s very slyly written and there are a few different storylines going on and Craig has written a lot of really interesting characters that you care about so I’m really excited about that one too.”

Crampton went on to talk about the different direction of the reboot:

“It’s completely different, yeah. He’s a really talented writer and this movie has a lot of comedy in it and a lot of heart and drama as well. It’s a really tight script and they wanted to bring some other ’80s people on board like Michael Paré and Udo Kier and then they had a lot of comedians that they brought onto the movie too because they wanted to have some throwback flavor to it with some of us old people (laughs) but also to bring in some fresh, young comedians so it’s a good marriage of both I think. The script is evidence to that as well.”

S. Craig Zahler, director of the Horror Western film BONE TOMAHAWK penned the script for reboot. The project will is produced by Lorenzo di Bonaventura and Mark Vahradian of di Bonanventura Pictures and Dallas Sonnier and Jack Heller of Caliber Media. Charles Band, who is the founder of Full Moon is executive producing the reboot. The plan is to create a new PUPPET MASTER franchise.

PUPPET MASTER: THE LITTLEST RIECH stars Barbara Crampton, Thomas Lennon, Udo Kier, Michael Paré, Jenny Pellicer, Nelson Franklin, Alex Beh, Tina Parker, Skeeta Jenkins, and Charlyne Yi.

Synopsis:

"a recently divorced young man who discovers a mint condition Blade doll in his deceased brother’s closet and plans to sell the toy at a convention in Oregon celebrating the 30th anniversary of the infamous Toulon Murders. All hell breaks loose at the Postville Lodge during the auction when a strange force animates all of the various puppets throughout the convention as they go on a bloody killing spree."

We will continue to keep you updated on PUPPET MASTER: THE LITTLEST RIECH.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 5/28/2017 at 01:57 PM | 104924