Forums Horror Movie News
News On The HELLBOY Reboot Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

HELLBOY has become something that fans have really latched onto. From graphic novels, to the big screen, the character is most certainly a staple in entertainment.

Back in February we learned that a third HELLBOY film would not be happening with Guillermo del Toro as director and Ron Perlman as the titular character.

We recently learned that a HELLBOY reboot is in the works at Millennium with Neil Marshall (THE DESCENT) set to direct the film and David Harbour (STRANGER THINGS) is set to star in the titular role. HELLBOY: RISE OF THE BLOOD QUEEN is the working title.

As it turns out the film is set to begin shooting this September. David Harbour spoke with The Wrap to speak about reboot saying:

“We’re supposed to go in September, I hope. It’s good. It’s a whole new thing. I’d always been a fan of the comics and there’s a darker tone to it and I think in the climate we have now there’s kind of a darker… a desire for more of that… the script is good and this guy Neil Marshall is directing who’s really good and the aesthetic is great.”

Harbour then spoke of the Hellboy character:

“It’s a character that I love, and sort of in the way, I think Mike [Mignola] and a bunch of other people saw me in ‘Stranger Things’ and wanted me to play Hellboy and I think he has some parallels to him. I think he’s another complicated anti-hero who is not strictly good or bad, he’s just trying to do the right thing. I think he’s a demon, he’s crazy, and he’s also sweet and vulnerable and neurotic […] so there’s a lot of complexity there.”
He added:

“So often, the superhero movies can be really fun and I want this to be really fun, but I also want it to be more of a character piece and more about this dude’s struggle. I think it could be interesting. I don’t know, I just hope we make a good movie. We’ll see. You be the judge!"

The script was written by Andrew Cosby, Christopher Golden and Hellboy creator Mike Mignola. Darkhorse Entertainment’s Mike Richardson will be producing.

The HELLBOY reboot will be rated R.

We will continue to bring you more on this story as we hear it.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 6/09/2017 at 02:44 PM | 104950