Forums Horror Movie News
Chucky To Be In A World War II Setting?

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

By now most Chucky fans have seen the newest installment into the franchise titled CULT OF CHUCKY. In the film, we see many returning characters from the past sharing the screen with our favorite killer doll.

Writer/director Don Mancini has made it known that he has plenty of ideas for Chucky’s future. Speaking with Portal 13 he reveals:

“I have files of different ideas and notions, and scenes, and set pieces, and characters, and situations. It’s a constantly evolving thing. I want to be ready. Cult isn’t, I don’t think, the last we’ll see of Chucky, but again, it’s always important to me and David to find a way to reinvent it and keep it fresh. Obviously, I can’t say too much, but we’re already thinking ahead, definitely. I do spend my nights thinking about, “Gosh, what would happen if Tiffany met Andy Barkley?” The two disparate characters from different, far-flung parts of the franchise, what if they collide? I think about these things. I’m a fan as well. I guess it sounds silly or self-serving to say, “I’m a fan of my own franchise,” but I am. I love it. I’m a fan of other franchises, too, and I think when you’re a fan that’s one of the things you do is you just muse on the characters and “what if in this situation…?”, and “what if they met this character?”

Mancini adds that Chucky during WWII is possible:

“I would love to do a World War II-era Chucky movie; I think would be awesome. You know how in Raiders of the Lost Ark they say, “Hitler’s obsessed with the occult”? That’s the window in. It would be legitimately interesting to see Chucky in that milieu with the iconography and the archetypes of the World War II movie, he could be great."

Who knows what the future will hold for Chucky. Until then, if you haven’t seen CULT OF CHUCKY yet, be sure and check that out.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 2/09/2018 at 04:31 PM | 105525