Forums Horror Movie News
New Pinhead Speaks About HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT & More - Trailer Included!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Director Gary Tunnicliffe’s HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT sequel has been in the works for a long while now. The wonder continues to build in hopes that the film will deliver. At first it seemed as though this effort was just another studio rushing situation but as more was revealed about the movie, it looks as if this effort could be very interesting indeed.

As fans have been patiently waiting for HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT, the film is now available and as we patiently await for the feedback, the new Pinhead himself Paul T. Taylor spoke with Arrow in the Head about taking on such an iconic role replying:

“Well, first I had to get over the fear that the hardcore Doug Bradley fans were going to hate me. I have a sense of humor about that now. The first thing was to go back and study Doug Bradley, because I wanted a sense of what had come before me. I owe everything to him, because he is the reason the franchise has gone on for so long, I really believe that. But that only lasts a certain amount of time, because I learned from past experiences that if you try to imitate another actor in a role, it's going to be dead. So then I had to look at the script for this film and look at Pinhead's situation, the frame of mind he's in at this point. He does have a point of view in this movie, which is different from some of the sequels, he actually has a story, an arc. So I had to look at that and decide for myself, to go to the dark side. The darkness I've been in, the pain I've been in, the ecstasy I've been in, all that stuff. I had to go with my own experiences and spend a lot of time in the dark place.

I watched those Doug Bradley movies for a long time, and then director Gary Tunnicliffe and I agreed it was time to stop watching those Hellraiser movies and start creating a screen villain. Then I just took it from there and I had a blast exploring the scary. The scariness of my neighborhood, the scariness of my own fears and pain from the past. I had been cured of Hepatitis C after having it for several years, so I knew suffering. I was on the brink of suicide at one point, because I felt like shit all the time. Totally different from the kind of suffering Pinhead is in, but you know what I mean. It was anguish, because I thought my life was over. But I was cured, thank god, and then I got this role. It was kind of perfect.”

On the pressures from fans and criticisms:

“I can take a certain amount of that. Any sort of fame or celebrity on this level is totally new to me. So people who have no idea who I am, don't know me, they just know that they hate me because I'm not Doug Bradley. You can't take that stuff personally. If you do, you're going to fall into a trap, and you're going to start responding and taking on that energy, and it's all negative. It was very daunting; the first thing Gary Tunnicliffe told me when I flew out to L.A. to get my head cast done was, "People are going to hate you because you're not Doug Bradley. So we're just throwing you to the wolves here. I have your back, but you have to be prepared for that." So I was warned about it from the very beginning.

Now that people have seen the movie and it's being released, people are all over it. People have seen it already and it's getting a really good response, and I'm so thrilled about it. That was my biggest worry, that people were just going to look at this actor playing Pinhead and say, "He sucks, he's not Doug Bradley!" Of course it's still going to happen with people who just can't change their minds and don't want to give me a chance, but for the most part the things I've been reading have been positive. Some of you hardcore fans have come over and started accepting me as a new Pinhead. Not the new Pinhead, because who knows, Doug Bradley could come back, and I know fans would love that. I would love that! I would love to do more of these, but you know, I have no control over it.”

On the makeup process to become Pinhead:

“I loved it. They put this blue stuff all over my entire head except for my nostrils. It gets warm, it was like being encased in a womb. I sort of love being encased, I don't know what it is, and they said, "Yeah, Johnny Depp loves it too." I thought, okay, I'm in good company. For me, that was all that was involved. Then my first day of shooting there are make-ups that are finished, that already have the nails in them, sitting there waiting for me. I loved it. I don't know if I have the tolerance of a Doug Jones, who sits in the make-up chair for hours. But I just loved it, because I could sit there in the make-up chair and watch myself turned into this character, which is the coolest thing that's ever happened to me. Gary is a genius at make-up and effects. He sculpted my particular make-up and did the new design for it, so I was in great hands.

On in he would be interested in doing more HELLRAISER films as Pinhead:

“Oh man, yes. I've been in this business for 30 years, and this is the biggest, coolest, most high-profile thing that's ever happened to me, so I'm just riding this wave. I'm so grateful for it, because I was in Dallas, Texas, and this just dropped into my lap. This is a cool chapter, and it opens up the whole business of conventions. I'm a commodity now, and I wasn't before. I'm not the commodity that Doug Bradley is, but I am a commodity, and that's a first for me at this point in my life.”

HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT stars Damon Carney as Detective Sean Carter, Randy Wayne as Detective David Carter, Alexandra Harris as Detective Christine Egerton, Jeff Fenter as Karl Watkins, Helena Grace Donald as the ancient Jophiel, Grace Montie as socialite Crystal Lanning, John Gulager as The Assessor, Diane Goldner as The Cleaner, Andi Powers as a member of a hellish jury, Mike Jay Regan as Chatterer, Heather Langenkamp as a foul-mouthed landlady, and of course Paul T. Taylor as Pinhead.

Synopsis:

“Detectives Sean and David Carter are on the case to find a gruesome serial killer terrorizing the city. Joining forces with Detective Christine Egerton, they dig deeper into a spiraling maze of horror that may not be of this world. Could the Judgment awaiting the killer’s victims also be waiting for Sean?”

HELLRAISER: JUDGMENT is now available on Blu-ray, DVD, Digital, and VOD.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 2/13/2018 at 07:30 AM | 105533