Forums Horror Movie News
Will There Be A HELL FEST Sequel?

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

2018 saw the release of director Gregory Plotkin's amusement park slasher HELL FEST, which is now available on Digital and 4k Ultra HD Combo pack, as well as Blu-ray, DVD, and On Demand courtesy of Lionsgate.

Now that the film has done it's thing, the question at hand is, will there be a HELL FEST sequel?

Plotkin spoke with DD about the release of the Blu-ray and while doing so made mention that the box office turn out wasn't what they expected. However Plotkin and his team have plenty ideas for a sequel.

He explains:

'I'm not sure the box office was what people were hoping for a sequel. Everyone's been so wonderful from CBS, Lionsgate, Gale [Anne Hurd]. We have a lot of ideas. I think this is a character that we want to explore. I really want to explore Tony Todd’s character [and the fact that] he owns this place more. Tony is a phenomenal person and a phenomenal actor. He and I had a lot of conversations about it.

I have thought through quite a few fun new kills we could employ and some different scenarios. Six or seven years ago, these parks were not as elaborate and intricate as they were today. We have a lot of different geographical locations where we could stage a park. If we're lucky enough to do it, I would love to. But, unfortunately, it's not in my hands right now."

It sounds like that time will tell as to whether or not a sequel will be made. With the box office success not being there, maybe the film will do well with it's home video release, possibly opening the door for a possible follow-up.

HELL FEST synopsis:

"A group of friends are bound for a horror-themed Halloween event at a local amusement park — a sprawling labyrinth of rides, games, and mazes that travels the country and happens to be in town. But for one visitor, the ghoulish carnival of nightmares is not the attraction — it is a hunting ground. On the night the friends attend, a masked serial killer turns the amusement park into his own playground, terrorizing attendees while the rest of the patrons believe that it is all part of the show. As the body count and frenzied excitement of the crowd continues to rise, who will fight to survive the night?"

HELLFEST stars Amy Forsyth, Reign Edwards, Bex Taylor-Klaus, and the legendary Tony Todd. Gale Anne Hurd executive produced with Tucker Tooley. HELL FEST is now available on Digital and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray and Digital), Blu-ray Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital), DVD, and On Demand from Lionsgate on January 8th.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 12/31/2018 at 11:05 PM | 106203