Forums Off Topic
trick or treating question

my nephews 13 years old and they are letting him trick or treat. i cant remember at what age i stopped but how old is to old when it comes to trick or treating?
joelsparks Sunday 10/04/2009 at 01:13 AM | 55716
I still go out and I am 35.....ok I do still go cause I have kids to take out but I have always walked around on halloween in costume. I personally think it is ok for them till 13 or 14 the oldest really as far as getting the treats and so on. My kids other then my 5 month old would love to stay home and scare the hell out of the kids instead of getting candy so that may end soon.
cropsy Sunday 10/04/2009 at 01:20 AM | 55718
I would say that 13 is still in the "acceptable" range, at least before your friends start making fun of you.I think I stopped going at around 12 or 13 myself.

I don't really see a problem with going longer as long as you dress up.

Nothing pisses me off more than when a group of punk-ass 16 year olds show up at my door in jeans and a t-shirt asking for candy.

I always send them packing.
gummi Sunday 10/04/2009 at 01:32 AM | 55719
I would say that 13 is still in the "acceptable" range, at least before your friends start making fun of you.I think I stopped going at around 12 or 13 myself.

I don't really see a problem with going longer as long as you dress up.

Nothing pisses me off more than when a group of punk-ass 16 year olds show up at my door in jeans and a t-shirt asking for candy.

I always send them packing.

i agree with both of you guys. if your dressed up and into it and still want to go im not sure what the cutoff would be, probably whatever you decide to make it. but having teens walk around (not in costumes) and in groups doing nothing but acting retarded and begging for candy is so annoying and sad.

customcritters Sunday 10/04/2009 at 01:46 AM | 55720
I'd say probably around 13 also. I mean we all smoked pot in my circle of friends so it kept going until we were like 15

but then you do normal teenage stuff like dress up and toliet paper houses,egg buses, etc...lol
kweandee Sunday 10/04/2009 at 03:44 AM | 55725
I'd say probably around 13 also. I mean we all smoked pot in my circle of friends so it kept going until we were like 15

but then you do normal teenage stuff like dress up and toliet paper houses,egg buses, etc...lol

HOLD THE PHONE! Des you've smoked pot before?!?!? This is a good question. I can't remember when I stopped trick or treating personally. I have such fond memories of going out and doing it but I do remember that I couldn't wait till I was old enough to stop doing it. The whole 'trying to be cool" thing I guess was more important. It's a shame, I wish I could go back and do it over again. God I went way off topic here.I'd say 13 or 14 and Gummi and CustomCritters I agree with you, the annoying 16 and 17 year olds that hover around our house each year gets real, REAL old. Clearly they're not into the holiday at all and out to stir up shit. I am cool with that to some degree, after all it is a night of goofing off but you can do that without being a douche bag and at least put some effort into being an ass. Like DrentheLiar does here...

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 10/04/2009 at 04:19 AM | 55727
you can do that without being a douche bag and at least put some effort into being an ass. Like DrentheLiar does here...

OH SNAP!!!
gummi Sunday 10/04/2009 at 06:35 AM | 55732
LOL...

kweandee Sunday 10/04/2009 at 12:16 PM | 55735
I think late teens is when it's too old to get candy. But you can never be too old to go out and have some Halloween fun. I'm 20 and I still walk around.
DrenTheLiar Sunday 10/04/2009 at 02:18 PM | 55737
I believe that 13 should be the cut off date with no excuses whatsoever. I am ck and tired of teenagers that do not even bother to dress up as anything, coming up to the door with a grocery bag wanting candy....I have alot more of an agresve opinion on this, but I am gonna just let it go for now.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Sunday 10/04/2009 at 03:41 PM | 55740
I stopped when I was 12, but thats cuz I started home haunting.

I figure as long as you're still dressed up and aren't a dick to people, you can go til your 16 or 17
chubacabra Sunday 10/04/2009 at 03:43 PM | 55741
I really think the fact of people dressed up and not being assholes is the biggest thing to me. If you are taking candy from kids and so on then it is wrong. I used to go to certain peoples houses every year till I had my first child just cause they enjoyed seeing me and my brother. Now adays there is as most have said way to many teens out with no costume and begging for candy or stealing ti from little kids. I remember a few years ago when i was out and one teen did that and I was right there. Not alot he was going to say to me at 6'3 1/2" and 260 lbs. He turned right back and gave the kid his candy back and some cash. lol

It should be fun and no matter what age if you are ruining that you should be kicked in the junk.

cropsy Sunday 10/04/2009 at 04:03 PM | 55744
amen to the teenagers not dresng up. personally i still dress up and walk the neighborhood in my costume but i dont go door to door for candy, i think that should be for the kids.

pamelavoorheesRIP Sunday 10/04/2009 at 05:22 PM | 55748
I dreaded the day that I would be old enough to stop for good.

I went until I was 13, and skipped my 14th year....

But took my brothers and sters when I was 15, I wanted the nostalgic journey so I brought a bag and dressed up.

Needless to say I got a lot of "You are really getting too old for this" comments, and I felt weird...so I stopped at that point.I didn't care about being cool, I was already cool for being crazy enough to risk not being cool.

But I knew it was over, my time had passed.

I still get nostalgic though, especially when I see the old school costumes... like when I watch Monster Squad or something.

Those vinyl masks that would cut your tongue and those plastic tunics that were bacally a bag with holes for your arms and head.... good times..

Now I just go and buy a buttload of candy to make up for it every year, that and I always dress up or have a party.

We don't get any trick or treaters around here though, so I can't do the haunting thing...which sucks.

So I buy the candy and watch horror movies on the night, house lit up, pumpkins outde, ready for the kids that never come... so I get the spoils afterwards, but still miss the pageantry of the night.... which has sadly died around here.

Nowadays in this area, kids all go to the rich neighborhoods only as well as the Mall... which the Mall is sad... all brightly lit and hardly decorated... Kids should be allowed to walk the streets again, police should just step up enforcement on the night and make parents feel at ease about it all.

I know I will be hunting for a area of the country that still allows clasc trick or treating, it's important enough to me that I want my kids having that and will move wherever I have to, just to make it happen.
DarkArtist81 Monday 10/05/2009 at 03:03 PM | 55795