Forums Horror Collectibles
H3 Skull Mask

I was digging in my old junk for Halloween and found this old skull mask my dad would wear every year when I was a kid. Ive known for a few years that it was from the movie Halloween 3 but I never could find any good info on it "mostly from the fact I always typed in RON Post by mistake". He got it at a yard sale before I was born mid 80s some time. The guy told him it was used in a movie "No I'm not saying it is from the movie at all I'm just telling the story I was told about it" the guy didn't know what movie it was from and he just said it was in a movie .. my dad could have miss understood what he was saying. but he always thought it was from some 70s exploit film or something and wasn't worth a dime .. anywase, I saw the movie a few years back and was all shocked but I also read they sold the masks to promote the movie so I didn't get to excited and now the more I read about them the more confused I get .. red ones.. small ones.. ones with closed eyes .. ones that glow .. brown ones .. ones with latex .. ones with vinyl.. I just can't tell what I have and I'm hoping someone on here might?

inde the mask .. think its vinyl <.<
Murderface Wednesday 10/07/2009 at 05:00 AM | 55860
yeah you have a find right there.
pamelavoorheesRIP Wednesday 10/07/2009 at 05:15 AM | 55861
That is definetly a killer piece, a real gem

Cool that your dad wore it often

Thanks for sharing!
kaizu Wednesday 10/07/2009 at 12:18 PM | 55869
its not worth that much, if you want i can take it off your hands?

customcritters Wednesday 10/07/2009 at 04:54 PM | 55883
What you have it looks to be the Black Vinyl Skull from H3. More than likely it was in the movie as part of the production scenes. Its value ranges from 150 to 250 on a good day. This is the eaest to find of the three. The Pumpkin and Witch are much rarer. A very cool mask to own. Congrats on your find.
Matthew Mayhem Wednesday 10/07/2009 at 05:09 PM | 55886
Thanks for the kind replies. Ive gotten a few offers nce posting it so I better point out now that I'm not selling. Ive learned more about it in some other forums too. Its a black vinyl non-glow "more rare" Don Post Skull that is most likely an 80s reissue and can be priced anywhere from 100-200 USD like Matthew said .. Judging on the offers Ive gotten it could go even higher in the right auction. BUT ITS MINE!I'm thinking of searching for the glow one then the red one now and Ive never been a mask collector before "ade from my Star Wars helmets"
Murderface Wednesday 10/07/2009 at 05:47 PM | 55889
Thanks for the kind replies. Ive gotten a few offers nce posting it so I better point out now that I'm not selling. Ive learned more about it in some other forums too. Its a black vinyl non-glow "more rare" Don Post Skull that is most likely an 80s reissue and can be priced anywhere from 100-200 USD like Matthew said .. Judging on the offers Ive gotten it could go even higher in the right auction. BUT ITS MINE!I'm thinking of searching for the glow one then the red one now and Ive never been a mask collector before "ade from my Star Wars helmets"

now the hooks are in. star wars collecting sometimes branches over to horror. thats how i got into this hobby and now i have han solo tting next to freddy krueger.

customcritters Wednesday 10/07/2009 at 06:03 PM | 55890
Someone asked to see more of it and I felt I should show more of the difference from this and the lver shampain remolds so I made this little video showing how awesome vinyl is vs latex.

href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTXCeDJNbvU">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTXCeDJNbvU
Murderface Wednesday 10/07/2009 at 09:57 PM | 55898
Damn, thats a beautiful skull

chubacabra Wednesday 10/07/2009 at 10:18 PM | 55900
Very nice find.
cropsy Wednesday 10/07/2009 at 11:04 PM | 55903
Someone asked to see more of it and I felt I should show more of the difference from this and the lver shampain remolds so I made this little video showing how awesome vinyl is vs latex.

href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTXCeDJNbvU">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTXCeDJNbvU

cool video and great find. the dp skill is one of my favorite masks of all time.
oldskool Friday 10/09/2009 at 03:15 PM | 55983