Forums Horror Collectibles
Screamfest pics!

Hey guys!

I got my one day break from my crazy life here to go out to Orlando for the Spooky Empire con, I was ck for the past 2 weeks but thankfully got better in time for the show.

I met up with Swampbilly (Chase), and Matthew Mayhem for a moment, just long enough to say hello and talk a bit about random stuff.

I wish I would have gotten to see Matt's Loomis, but alas did not.

I wasn't able to stay too long, as we had to get back home for a groceries trip and to of course watch the Gator game.

But here are my pics from the Con, not too many... just me with various celebs.

I was pretty strapped for cash, hence the short con trip, but I did get a few autos.

The only one that I didn't get a pic with was Tom Savini.

But here are my shots.

DarkArtist81 Sunday 10/11/2009 at 02:54 AM | 56106
I will say, Derek is WAAAAY tall... I didn't realize how damn huge he was until I stood next to him.

Man, even on my tip toes I was nowhere near his height.

Danielle was nice and short though, made me feel better.

DarkArtist81 Sunday 10/11/2009 at 02:59 AM | 56107
Great pics, looks like you had a great time.

Thanks for sharing!
Thorn Sunday 10/11/2009 at 04:40 AM | 56109
Awesome pics.
cropsy Sunday 10/11/2009 at 10:27 AM | 56120
Dick f'ing Warlock???? Awwwwww man!

DrenTheLiar Sunday 10/11/2009 at 01:00 PM | 56127
You lucky sob!!!!That beats any beef bowl any day!!!
kaizu Sunday 10/11/2009 at 02:02 PM | 56134
Thanks guys!

Yeah, Dick Warlock was awesome.

He and I talked for a good while, just chatting it up about his various stunt jobs and his work in Halloween II and III.

The guy was really a lot of fun to talk to, as was his Wife.

I honestly could have talked to him all night.

Danielle was very cute, and thankfully didn't roll her eyes when I told her about the huge crush I had on her as a boy.

She was very sweet to me, and I swear I think I almost fainted when we took the picture.... my hand was on her hip, that was almost too much. But everyone was great.

Chase and Matt were awesome guys, I wish I could have talked to them longer or been able to stay for the party.

I had fun though, and now I am even more pumped for my Halloween party in 3 weeks.

DarkArtist81 Sunday 10/11/2009 at 02:12 PM | 56135
just got back from there as well along with wifey (St. Pete Slasher).

Definitely a lot of fun.

Hung out with Yukon Lee, Mayhem and Chase as well.

Sorry we didn't meet up.

Maybe next year if you return.

And yes Derek is waaaaay freakin tall and a helluva cool guy to party with.

On the oppote de, Danielle Harris is about the tiniest person ever!

Very sweet though.

Dick Warlock was nicer and cooler than I ever would have imagined.

Even with all the controversy surrounding Terry he was kind and complimentary about his work and offered to gn the inde of my Warlock if I mailed it to him.

I gotta say though that Tom Savini was a bit of a disappointment.

Not very personable even when I confessed to him that I wanted to be him when I grew up.

Never got off the phone.

Oh well.

Still a lot of cool people and a lot of fun.

Sorry again that we missed you but glad you had a great time.

Me and the wife are still recovering and officially feel too old to party like that very often Matt
deathrisingup Monday 10/12/2009 at 04:04 PM | 56182
Cool pics dude!!

Eyes Tuesday 10/13/2009 at 01:46 AM | 56196
Cool pics....Dick Warlock! sweet man. Thats the one hombre I haven't met that I REALLY want to! As for Savini? he's a curmudgeon. FX god but a grouch lol.
ny ghoul Tuesday 10/13/2009 at 03:23 AM | 56200
You guys are right on about Tom, he was really kinda grouchy... just acted like he hated being there and really could care less to talk to me.

That was a let down.

But at least everyone else was cool.

Derek and Dick stole the show for me, both guys were extremely nice to me and very kind when they couldn't remember my figures.

lol

Next year I will be there longer, so hopefully I will see you guys then.

DarkArtist81 Tuesday 10/13/2009 at 06:16 PM | 56211
Aww couldn't see the pics...I will have to go back on later when i get home lol :)

Glad you had a good time, I went last year it was great. Unfortunately there was no out of state traveling for me this year except for PA w/the fam in July but for some reason when you live in NY even though PA is technically a different state no one really thinks of it as one...lol maybe cause it's soo close i dunno.

LOL and that's funny about Savini, everytime one of you guys meet him at a convention you all say the same thing about him being unsocialable, it's almost like why does he even go then? oh well. good thing i'm not into going to these for meeting people/actors, etc, in a tuation like that I wouldn't be able to stop myself from saying something like "wow your fuckin rude aren't you" or something along those lines lol I hate people that are "too good" to be in others company, it's like really you aren't that special. ha :)
kweandee Tuesday 10/13/2009 at 06:45 PM | 56213
I know exactly what you mean... It's insane.

If they don't want to be bothered or don't like talking to fans, just don't go.

You can make the same cash just selling autographs online at your personal webte, many actors go that route in fact.

But if they don't like people, stay away from the cons.

Savini is a huge talent, and I have a lot of respect for him as an artist... but it sucks that he was so stand offish.

I've had people come up to me out of nowhere at cons, people I have never met but knew me online... and I always treat them great even if I don't know them.

And if those people were paying for autographs from me, I would be their best friend for the 2 minutes they talked to me.

DarkArtist81 Friday 10/16/2009 at 01:33 PM | 56351
I am so amazed at how rude everyone says Savini is at these. It really makes me glad I got a few of his autographs from people on the boards as I would certainly be pissed if he acted that way to me when I pay good money for it he can humor me for a second IMO.
cropsy Saturday 10/17/2009 at 09:02 AM | 56418