Forums Horror Movie Talk
Psychopath #1

Some of you will recall I picked this up a few weeks ago after Harry posted the llink and Casey confirmed it was in fact his first Psychopath.

When I got back it was waiting for me so I thought I'd snap a few pics this afternoon and post them:

Another pic of it between my early run MMFX Insane Mane and my NAG Scarred that I weathered:

lblambert Saturday 5/17/2008 at 10:56 PM | 11656
Awesome photos Lee...the three of them look great together

kweandee Saturday 5/17/2008 at 11:01 PM | 11658
I saw that up for sale, glad you got it Lee.
DaShape Saturday 5/17/2008 at 11:05 PM | 11659
Yeah Lee that is one of my favorites mply because he did it so far before the movie came out. I love the hair too. Might not be screen accurate but a helleva cool look!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 5/18/2008 at 03:38 AM | 11682
The kool thing with such a rare item like the Psychopath is not only the fact that Lee Lambert has the 1st one, but I too have one (#3)... I love that! haha! It's always nice to see something that is rare and insted of saying "Damn thats nice... I Wish I Had One..." I can actualy say Damn thats Nice... haha Kool I got one of those! Idunno... I'm sure alot of you guys feel the same with things like that!
Harry Warden Sunday 5/18/2008 at 05:08 AM | 11691
Sweet mask. I was looking to buy it as well.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 5/18/2008 at 02:22 PM | 11703
Awesome photos Lee...the three of them look great togetherThanks Des. They do make a nice threesome. I might add a certain Kiss Fan if it's still available to make a set.

I saw that up for sale, glad you got it Lee.

Thanks Joel. I was a little hetant to get it actually. When Harry posted the link Casey mentioned he might buy it back and I didn't want to step on his toes if he was going to do that. At the same time it was quite a reasonable price and I didn't want it getting snagged by someone else who wouldn't take care of it

Yeah Lee that is one of my favorites mply because he did it so far before the movie came out. I love the hair too. Might not be screen accurate but a helleva cool look

I know exactly what you mean bro. I think Casey did an absolutely phenominal job condering he only had a few publicity photos to work from. The Psychopath and MMFX's Insane Mane were amongst the first indie H9 masks to come out and they were both done well in advance of the movie. I bought one of the first IMs mostly due to budget reasons (it was less than half the price of the Psychopath). It's a nice mask but the Psychopath was far more accurate. I know what you mean about the hair. It actually is very accurate when compared to a few of the photos that were released though. The thing with the hair in H9 is it seemed to change from scene to scene which makes it imposble to nail down the right look.It's always nice to see something that is rare and insted of saying "Damn thats nice... I Wish I Had One..." I can actualy say Damn thats Nice... haha Kool I got one of those! Idunno... I'm sure alot of you guys feel the same with things like that

Yup...I say that quite a bit actually Sweet mask. I was looking to buy it as well.

Thanks Scott. Look at it this way...you need the money for the baby so I actually did you a favour by beating you to it...you're welcome(sorry bro...couldn't rest kidding you there)
lblambert Sunday 5/18/2008 at 02:38 PM | 11707
Its cool Lee glad you like it!
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 5/18/2008 at 02:46 PM | 11709
Glad you got that Lee! Great pictures also! I'm not made at all that you purchased it, now I know where to make an offer when I'm ready to buy it back someday

-Casey
CartyParty Monday 5/19/2008 at 01:30 PM | 11791
Sounds good Casey. You'll have dibs on this one if/when I let it go.
lblambert Monday 5/19/2008 at 02:56 PM | 11798
So did we ever decide if Casey's Psychopath #1 is in fact the FIRST ever Zombie mask made for sale? (other than what we saw in the movie).
DaShape Saturday 5/24/2008 at 01:56 AM | 11987
That would be interesting to know!
quietonthesetstudios Saturday 5/24/2008 at 02:02 AM | 11988
So did we ever decide if Casey's Psychopath #1 is in fact the FIRST ever Zombie mask made for sale? (other than what we saw in the movie).

I've been doing some research on this and it appears Casey was the first to:

1. Produce an original sculpt, and 2. Follow up with production copies

He put the first pull up on ebay on May 5th. Gary at MMP did announce one a few weeks earlier called "Unearthed Evil", however it appears that only one prototype was actually produced and it didn't get out until May 22nd.

So whether Casey's Psychopath is the first indie H9 out there really depends on your criteria.
lblambert Sunday 5/25/2008 at 11:31 PM | 12052
Sweet!
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 5/25/2008 at 11:57 PM | 12053
Yeah I am with you Lee. Like we said in the chat room, I am almost certain Casey was the first and Gary is a great friend of mine and always has been but he did not change anything sculpt wise on any of his Zombie masks. They were either cut or airbrushed on. I actually came up with the name of one of Gary's zombie masks called the DECAYED and did the first graphic for it.

Gary has had a bad rep deservedly so on some occaons I am sure but I have known him nce the late 90's and you can't find a nicer guy from my experience. Sorry don't need to get into this here just haven't posted in a few days, LOL!

(reason being we put up a wood privacy fence at the BooMan household and BooMan is very very very out of shape and sore, and a farmers tan like you wouldn't believe. LOL!!!!)
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 5/26/2008 at 12:19 AM | 12054
...but he did not change anything sculpt wise on any of his Zombie masks. They were either cut or airbrushed on.

So was his H9 a modification of one he already had done?
lblambert Monday 5/26/2008 at 12:28 AM | 12055
Yes it was a modification of the Nightmare mask. He did several different styles all with separate names. I think it is so cool you have that bacally proto Psychotpath mask, had I thought about it being #1 I would have thrown an offer down.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 5/26/2008 at 12:50 AM | 12058
So with Gary's being a modified mask, that would make my Psychopath the very first ever indie H9 mask.

That's kinda neat
lblambert Monday 5/26/2008 at 12:53 AM | 12059
Yeah no joke!

I am telling you and you got it for a steal. I believe the next production Zombie mask was Bob's Insane Main.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 5/26/2008 at 12:58 AM | 12060
The IM wasn't out until July
lblambert Monday 5/26/2008 at 01:26 AM | 12063
So with Gary's being a modified mask, that would make my Psychopath the very first ever indie H9 mask.

That's kinda neat gary did his but made very few and it was a modded nightmare/nightwatcher mask

while looking good the "scars" were painted on

i cant wait till caseys new one is done so i can buy it!

and from what ive seen its gonna blow the other 2 verons he did away
Johnny Bisco Monday 5/26/2008 at 03:26 AM | 12081