Forums Horror Collectibles
Amityville High Hopes Sign...

HIGH HOPES

Many people don't know about this gn unless you've seen the Amityville Confidential DVD. Ung still frame photos from the Horror Or Hoax section of the dvd I was able to make this Very Accurate gn for a

costumer.

I just finished it up tonight and wanted to share it with you guys! Not sure if I will put this into an actual production yet, but this was a commison job. If I do put them into production, they wont have the pole and hanging pieces. I will do these the same way I do my other gns. I'll make just the gn and make it so that it can hang on the wall. I really enjoyed making this gn. Even more so then any other gn that I've made.

Here's a cap from the Horror Or Hoax dvd :

AND here is the one I made. There is also pictures of the costumer with it.

--Ryan
Harry Warden Saturday 10/17/2009 at 07:04 AM | 56410
That looks incredible Ryan. Looks like you took it off of the movie set.
cropsy Saturday 10/17/2009 at 07:21 AM | 56411
That looks incredible Ryan. Looks like you took it off of the movie set.

Thanks Bro! Actually If my history is correct, which I am about 99% sure that it is, I don't think this gn was in any of the movies... I could be wrong though?

This gn was put up in the front yard by the DeFeo family that moved into the house. The DeFeo's were the first to encounter the haunting when The oldest son Ronnie DeFeo aka Butch DeFeo shot his whole family because the voices told him to. This is what soposedly happened before the Lutz's moved in.

The gn was put up in the front yard by the DeFeo's in "High Hopes" of having a wonderfull life in there new house. HA! So much for that huh???Sopose it's nothing to really joke about...

I love the movies and doing this gn was an honor!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Saturday 10/17/2009 at 07:26 AM | 56414
That looks dead on!

I met George Lutz once, he was extremely nice, but terrifying to be around.
chubacabra Saturday 10/17/2009 at 07:59 PM | 56460
Incredible..I love the Amityville movies, so I was blown away when I saw this post. That looks exactly like the original.

Great job man!
Thorn Saturday 10/17/2009 at 09:36 PM | 56465
Looks good man. I'm new here, what other gns have you made?

Just wondering, it kind of looks like there is something in the middle of the gn in the real picture. I can't tell if it's part of the gn or if it's behind the gn.

richardmalone Saturday 10/17/2009 at 11:54 PM | 56480
Very clean. I like it. Did a good job Ryan
Matthew Mayhem Sunday 10/18/2009 at 02:37 AM | 56497
Looks great...

kweandee Sunday 10/18/2009 at 05:52 AM | 56510
Very cool bro! as usual good job! I took my friend out to the house last winter. Creepy place. Been altered a bit but still there for people to go see.
ny ghoul Sunday 10/18/2009 at 07:30 AM | 56514
Looks good man. I'm new here, what other gns have you made?

Just wondering, it kind of looks like there is something in the middle of the gn in the real picture. I can't tell if it's part of the gn or if it's behind the gn.

There is something there... It kinda looks like the points on the top of a flag pole... I didn't put it on because the hardware store doesnt carry anything like it and the costumer said it's no big deal. So... But for the record, If I dede to start making these I will be looking into a way to add that piece.

Thanks for pointing that out though, because had I not of seen it, it would have been nice to know it was there. So I apreciate that!

And for everyone else, Thanks for the kind words! Means alot!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Sunday 10/18/2009 at 07:46 AM | 56517
If you do start making them, I may just have to pick one up from you.
Thorn Sunday 10/18/2009 at 07:54 AM | 56518
Awesome work Ryan

That looks very dead on8-)
kaizu Sunday 10/18/2009 at 08:02 AM | 56519
Nice job....I like it :)
Klempo Sunday 10/18/2009 at 12:23 PM | 56524
This one really creeps my out!! On a de note, I sold a mask to a fella that lives just a few doors down from that house.
TxSteveTodd Tuesday 10/20/2009 at 07:57 PM | 56687