Forums Horror Collectibles
Did I get the real deal, or did I get the shaft?

I picked up this Halloween Glow Skull a week or so back, and it was advertised as a Don Post Glow skull. It has the Don Post stamp on back, but this is a latex mask. Weren't the Don Post H3 Glow Skulls all vinyl or did they make some latex ones too. Here's some pictures to see. I know for a fact that it's not an SSN, or a CGP, or a nister studios mask. As you can see in the pictures the mask it has started yellowing some. I hope it is what it's supposed to be. I really can't think of anything else it can be but I would like you guys opinions.

Anonymous Sunday 10/18/2009 at 02:03 PM | 56530
I don't know my history very well with this perticular mask but in my opinion I don't think they had Vinyl masks back then when that mask was made???

If they did and it isn't an original like you'd hoped, then I would say someone recast an Original and put glow paint on it... You would think that from the time that mask was made, until now that the glow would have worn out on it...

These are just my opinions and what I feel are good points to conder...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Sunday 10/18/2009 at 06:21 PM | 56551
I don't know my history very well with this perticular mask but in my opinion I don't think they had Vinyl masks back then when that mask was made???

If they did and it isn't an original like you'd hoped, then I would say someone recast an Original and put glow paint on it... You would think that from the time that mask was made, until now that the glow would have worn out on it...

These are just my opinions and what I feel are good points to conder...

--Ryan It's funny you mention the wearing off thing because it does not glow evenly, just like some has worn off
Anonymous Sunday 10/18/2009 at 06:47 PM | 56554
Im pretty sure Post made the skulls in vinyl and latex. And I've seen some of the Glow Carlisles from around the same time that they still glow like they're new
chubacabra Sunday 10/18/2009 at 08:07 PM | 56558
Im pretty sure Post made the skulls in vinyl and latex.

Exactly. These DP skulls were made for close to 30 years (1967-1995). They were made in both vinyl and latex with a variety of finishes over the years.
lblambert Sunday 10/18/2009 at 08:14 PM | 56559
I appreciate the info guys. A fellow collector on Universal Army te sent me a PM and said it was definitely a Don Post, so maybe I did good after all. I was getting kind of worried, plus there is a DP glow skull on Feebay right now that is latex and looks almost exactly like mine. I appreciate your input guys.
Anonymous Sunday 10/18/2009 at 08:30 PM | 56562
the don post skull is one badass mask regardless. why on earth did they stop making these?
El Diablo Sunday 10/18/2009 at 08:39 PM | 56564
Either way I think it is a hell of a nice score. I love the DP Skull masks.
cropsy Sunday 10/18/2009 at 11:32 PM | 56576