Forums Off Topic
Very Serious Question

Ok we all know about that mask on ebay that the guy is trying to get $9,999.99 out of from Halloween H20. We all think he's a Fraud like most ebayers right? Ok... I was watching Halloween H20 and I just noticed somthing that makes me wonder... Below are 2 pictures. The one on the left being the one for 9,999.99 and the one on the right being a shot from the movie. Well... I coulnt find the reverse shot of that perticular part of the film so that will have to do and I'll let those who feel it needs further investigation check it out for themselves. Anyway, that shot in the movie, Michael has a DEFFERANT mask on!!! It's not the same as the rest of the movie... It actually looks like the mask this guy is selling for 9,999.99... Anyway it might not be the same mask as he claims it to be, but damnit it sure looks like it!!!

Check it out Fellas! I'm sure bisco will find this one interesting...

Harry Warden Sunday 5/18/2008 at 05:40 AM | 11693
There were several different masks used throughout the filming of H2O (Stan Winston's being the final mask used for reshoots). That mask is one of K.N.B. EFX's verons I believe. What veron of the shape is featured in that picture, I haven't a clue.
Myers31TKD Sunday 5/18/2008 at 06:00 AM | 11694
That guy has to be full of shit. The 3 pictures he has for it are 3 completely different masks. He's a looney.
Myers31TKD Sunday 5/18/2008 at 06:10 AM | 11695
That guy has to be full of shit. The 3 pictures he has for it are 3 completely different masks. He's a looney.

Actually the listing explains the three pictures are his screen used KNB, a SSN replica of the KNB, and a Winston original with the latter two being posted for comparison purposes.

The screen cap Harry posted is the KNB as well. As Pat says, there were several different masks used in the production of H20. As I recall (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) a screen used H6 was used for the opening scene, then they used the KNB veron but didn't like the look. As Pat says they had Stan Winston do a new one which they used for reshooting a lot of scenes. Then we can't forget the infamous CGI mask they used when they wanted the KNB mask out but the actor wasn't available to reshoot the scene.

I think that sums it up.

L
lblambert Sunday 5/18/2008 at 02:01 PM | 11699
Ok here is the scoop on this.

The mask harry posted is indeed the knb hero mask they used in principal filming in h20. They latter replaced that with the winston. The 3 masks on the ebay auction are the h20 knb mask. A replica ssn mask from the same knb mold and a shot of the winston to show the difference. The mask used in the opening kills of h20 is now owned by sean clarke. That mask is a number x mask with a larger neck and was made after halloween x by mmi.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 5/18/2008 at 02:19 PM | 11701

Actually the listing explains the three pictures are his screen used KNB, a SSN replica of the KNB, and a Winston original with the latter two being posted for comparison purposes.

Ah. Very true Lee. Thanks for pointing that out.

And you're right, there are scenes in the beginning of the final cut where the H6 mask is very noticeable.
Myers31TKD Sunday 5/18/2008 at 02:23 PM | 11704