Forums Off Topic
Seriously????

This has been discussed before, but it just recently happened to me.

I put a lifeze display mannequin on my front deck every year, and this year I decided to go with Harry Warden.

Well, long story short, a guy was walking by with his kids this afternoon when he looked up and said, "Do you know who that is?

It's Michael Myers."

Now I know that not everyone is a horror fan like we are, but seriously, unless you've been under a rock for the past twenty years how can you not know who the major characters are?

I hear about Michael and Jason being confused sometimes, but I've never heard anyone mistake Harry Warden for Michael Myers.

It was just so surpring to hear someone actually say that.
gummi Tuesday 10/27/2009 at 12:17 AM | 57100
oh my my my my my...i am being harry this year as my costume, i hope i dont get called michael
href="">

dxh8r4life Tuesday 10/27/2009 at 12:30 AM | 57101
I gave up awhile ago on people knowing the difference between any of them. I have been out as Myers and had people call me anything from Leatherface to Ghostface to Jason, Freddy and so on with at leasta

few actually knowing I was out as Myers and even last year i went as a wizard and had people call me the same people. It is pathetic really IMO that people have such a little clue about it. I know not everyone is into this like us but come on there is a huge difference between them and these days the horror icons are all over the net and stores( I know not all stores) but come on now people....Get a DAMN CLUE and know at least a little about the killers in horror before you open your pissflaps.
cropsy Tuesday 10/27/2009 at 12:47 AM | 57103
jason or michael myers. thats all the general population knows. its sad but true!
pamelavoorheesRIP Tuesday 10/27/2009 at 12:48 AM | 57104
I wouldn't have been surprised at someone not knowing the name Harry Warden, but to mistake a mannequin in a miner's helmet and gas mask for Michael Myers is just nuts to me.

I guess if they see a pair of coveralls, it's automatically Myers.

Oh well, they seemed to get a kick out of it even if they had no clue who it was.

gummi Tuesday 10/27/2009 at 12:53 AM | 57105
I just laughed so hard after reading this!Reminds me of the time

when I heard two girls talking at a book store stating how Keith Richards was a member of Guns n Roses
kaizu Tuesday 10/27/2009 at 02:59 PM | 57133
I would have lost it, seriously. That kind of f*** up just has to be corrected.
DrenTheLiar Tuesday 10/27/2009 at 07:57 PM | 57149
and we actually wonder why people think we are all dorks????? Seriously guys, does it really matter to anyone but us? As long as I know, that is all that matters to me. If they ask, then by all means, let them know, but don't sweat the small stuff.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Tuesday 10/27/2009 at 09:42 PM | 57152
I just laugh when I hear people say that... it used to get under my skin but the older I get the more I just find it funny.

Like Tommy said, we are the only dorks who really care.... so we can smile and know that everyone else is stupid and minformed. I'm sure muc dorks feel the same way when people confuse artists or instruments, or what have you.

It happens all the time.

That's why I have a policy... if I don't know something to be at least 95% truth, I don't open my mouth.

You never know who might be listening, smiling at my stupidity...

DarkArtist81 Friday 10/30/2009 at 02:07 AM | 57270