Forums Horror Movie Talk
Indiana Jones and that damn Crystal Skull

Alright guys I know it's not horror but how many times do we really get to countdown a week until a new Indy flick. How will this film stack up? What movie is your fav out of the series and any Indy props post em if you got em!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 5/19/2008 at 12:46 AM | 11743
I love the first film! Gonna go see this. I donut care if its not horror, its history man!
quietonthesetstudios Monday 5/19/2008 at 12:48 AM | 11744
I'm already hearing bad things about this film. Keeping my fingers crossed.
SithLord Monday 5/19/2008 at 12:51 AM | 11745
This film is gonna rock man!
quietonthesetstudios Monday 5/19/2008 at 01:04 AM | 11746
I was talking with Fenner earlier and he said all the reviews came out tonight and they were almost all really good. My fingers are crossed!!!!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 5/19/2008 at 01:23 AM | 11747
My fingers are crossed too. I can't wait to see it. Good or bad it's still Indy dammit!! I gotta admit though

in the commercials I keep waiting for Cate Blanchett to say "moose and squirrel"
lblambert Monday 5/19/2008 at 01:35 AM | 11748
one can only hope its good

Lucas has been really slipping as a director

maybe we will be lucky and spielberg bitch slapped george around to get the movie right

are they co-directors on this?
Johnny Bisco Monday 5/19/2008 at 01:35 AM | 11749
No. Lucas wrote it, Stven directed it. That's how it's been on all the Indy films.
SithLord Monday 5/19/2008 at 01:38 AM | 11750
No. Lucas wrote it, Stven directed it. That's how it's been on all the Indy films. id swear to it that i always saw pics of both of them on set at the same time which would lead one to believe they were co-directors
Johnny Bisco Monday 5/19/2008 at 01:41 AM | 11751
In fact, i'm kind of shocked that Lucas decided to direct the SW prequels. It's well known that Lucas doesn't particuarly like working with actors. He says that they can't do what's exactly written out for them to do, so he loses patience. I thought Temple of Doom wasn't all that great. Last Crusade, I liked alot. As I did ROTLA. One thing that the jury is still out on I think, and that's whether or not their continuing as if LC really happened. I wonder because, Indy is eternal now being that he drank from the cup of ever lasting life. This movie takes palce in the 50's I think. They could have made it so it takes place right now, if they are going off of the way the last film ended.

We shall see.
SithLord Monday 5/19/2008 at 01:44 AM | 11752
True, they are. However, they are best of friends. Bedes, Lucas wants it to be exactly how it is in the script.
SithLord Monday 5/19/2008 at 01:46 AM | 11753
thats what i figured. i guess george is more of an adviser on set

still this makes me wonder how return of the jedi would have been had spielberg been allowed to direct it like he originally wanted it
Johnny Bisco Monday 5/19/2008 at 01:50 AM | 11754
Guys the director, the actors the crew none of that matter. It is all John Williams, everything he touches is gold! LMAO!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 5/19/2008 at 01:55 AM | 11755
Well, wasn't SP kicked out of the director's guild or something?? Something happened to where, Lucas had to have a second option. Maybe it was Lucas who was ostrazed for making the SW independent from Hollywood. By that I mean he financed the movies himself, so he would have complete control. Thus this made it imposble for him to get someone who was part of the director's guild.
SithLord Monday 5/19/2008 at 01:55 AM | 11756
I'm so pumped for this movie!!!

19 years we've been waiting for this!

George Lucas is the Executive Producer and it's not uncommon at all for them to be on set.

George has been on set for all the Indy movies.

Also, About Lucas and directing the Prequels.

Funny that was brought up.

Lucas actually asked Ron Howard to direct Clones and Steven to direct th but they turned him down and told George, "This was something he needed to do".

Ironic too be Steven almost direct Return of the Jedi.

So far the new Indy flick has a 76% on Rotten Tomatoes which aint bad at all.

Even Roger Ebert like it saying quote "I can say that if you liked the other Indiana Jones movies, you will like this one, and that if you did not, there is no talking to you."

***UPDATE*** Love This pic by the Way.

On set of Indy 4 with Lucas and Harrison kicking back all while Lucas sports a "HAN SHOT FIRST" Shirt HAHAHHAHAHAHA.

DaShape Monday 5/19/2008 at 02:04 AM | 11757
Well, wasn't SP kicked out of the director's guild or something?? Something happened to where, Lucas had to have a second option. Maybe it was Lucas who was ostrazed for making the SW independent from Hollywood. By that I mean he financed the movies himself, so he would have complete control. Thus this made it imposble for him to get someone who was part of the director's guild. lucas regned from the directors guild because he was tired of paying fines constantly for the stuff he pulled in the star wars movies (ie the opening crawl and no credits till the end of the movies) so nce he regned he could have SP do it (at least thats what i got out of the doc on my star wars dvd set
Johnny Bisco Monday 5/19/2008 at 02:09 AM | 11759
Well, wasn't SP kicked out of the director's guild or something?? Something happened to where, Lucas had to have a second option. Maybe it was Lucas who was ostrazed for making the SW independent from Hollywood. By that I mean he financed the movies himself, so he would have complete control. Thus this made it imposble for him to get someone who was part of the director's guild. lucas regned from the directors guild because he was tired of paying fines constantly for the stuff he pulled in the star wars movies (ie the opening crawl and no credits till the end of the movies) so nce he regned he could have SP do it (at least thats what i got out of the doc on my star wars dvd set

You got it right. . .he was going to get fined for not having opening credits in "Empire Strikes Back" and also Kershner was going to get sued so Lucas paid the fines to protect his director and dropped out of the guild . .. .which is Why Speilberg couldn't direct ROTJ . . because the Guild wouldn't let him at the time.
DaShape Monday 5/19/2008 at 02:13 AM | 11760
Speaking of Star Wars and all. Blue Harvest is on tonight the Family Guy spoof. If you haven't seen it, see it! It is fantastic. Partly due to John Williams though, lol!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 5/19/2008 at 02:15 AM | 11762
few pics of my Indy collection....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 5/19/2008 at 02:33 AM | 11765
Hey Justin what's your idol made out of. I've been looking at a few of them...thinking of branching out my collection.

;)
lblambert Monday 5/19/2008 at 02:37 AM | 11768
Hey Justin what's your idol made out of. I've been looking at a few of them...thinking of branching out my collection.

Hey Lee, nce Justin must be away . .. I'm pretty sure it's made out of concrete.

It's REALLY heavy.
DaShape Monday 5/19/2008 at 02:45 AM | 11769
Great thanks Joel. The ones I've seen them made of brass, plaster, ren, and cement.

His looks fantastic but the shipping would break me. I'll probably go with a plaster or ren one.
lblambert Monday 5/19/2008 at 02:51 AM | 11770
Hey Lee, hang in there a few weeks and I may have a few available. Thinking about casting them and pouring a few. I'll give ya the heads up. What is everyones favorite Indy movie?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 5/19/2008 at 05:00 AM | 11773
TEMPLE OF DOOM!!!!!!
DaShape Monday 5/19/2008 at 05:06 AM | 11776
SpaceBalls
SithLord Monday 5/19/2008 at 06:12 AM | 11784
Raiders
Myers31TKD Monday 5/19/2008 at 11:38 AM | 11790
TEMPLE OF DOOM
Johnny Bisco Monday 5/19/2008 at 10:45 PM | 11835