Forums Horror Collectibles
the fourth kind

It was not the worst movie. But it could have been a lot better.

It irks me that this movie keeps getting compared to Paranormal Activity, and that one reviewer was equating it with "War of the Worlds". Because all these movies that purport to be real run on the heels of that infamous broadcast.

But on with the review:

The Fourth Kind was a good movie, though a bit disappointing. There wasn't all that much scare, and the constant split screening between "real" footage and reenactments was very annoying. The "real" Doctor was not convincing. Her pallor seemed unnatural, too cinematically ghoulish. And the constant suggestion that this was "real" was by far the most unnerving element. Had the trantion between the "real" footage and the movie been smoother, and less (there was far too much split screening), the movie could have been a bit frightening. The tenon between mother and children, and the sheriff, seemed to materialize too quickly.

But. If you can overlook any of these things, drama and scare kinda builds up. The last abduction is surely to sent several people to hide under the covers.
customcritters Friday 11/06/2009 at 10:38 AM | 57613
I usually don't go by media reviews but the NY Daily News actually gave this film ZERO stars! Even the grandest of crap fiestas garner some kind of half star.
ny ghoul Friday 11/06/2009 at 12:51 PM | 57614
yep the reviews for this sure are sucking so far!

BrandyWine Friday 11/06/2009 at 01:02 PM | 57615
Damn, I had high hopes for this one.
gummi Saturday 11/07/2009 at 06:26 AM | 57667
Just saw it and it was probably not a good idea to see it before going to bed because it actually did creep the hell out of me. I thought it was actually a good movie and of course Milla Jovovich being in it was a huge plus.

I give it
DrenTheLiar Monday 11/23/2009 at 02:19 AM | 58378
I enjoyed it, it wasn't amazing by any means, but it was fun to see and even a little creepy
chubacabra Monday 11/23/2009 at 03:17 AM | 58383