Forums Off Topic
Did you know that the director of Halloween07 is a musician?

I went to the Rob Zombie show a couple nights ago and it was awesome!

The stage had 3 screens on it and they were playing clips from clasc monster movies (among other, much less appropriate things

) during the show.

Plus he played a ton of stuff from across his career, he even threw in some Eurythmics and Metallica.

The opening bands were pretty good too. The first one was Captain Clegg and the Night Creatures, who were in his Halloween 2, and the second on was The Nekromantix.

I definitely recommend checking him out if he comes near you on this tour.

chubacabra Sunday 11/08/2009 at 05:54 PM | 57748
I love the White Zombie era

Haven't heard his new stuff

BTW did you know John Carpenter was a mucian?

href="http://goutroy.blogspot.com/2009/09/coupe-de-villes-waiting-out-eighties-lp.html">http://goutroy.blogspot.com/2009/09/cou ... es-lp.html
kaizu Sunday 11/08/2009 at 06:10 PM | 57749
OVERDONEWITHGONE
Bridge Sunday 11/08/2009 at 06:33 PM | 57750
Kaizu & I seem to agree a lot here lately.

The WHITE ZOMBIE era is, in an "emoticon," : Rob Zombie as a solo artist....

Rob Zombie as a filmmaker:

"House of 1000 Corpses" = pretty cool, not the best - but I loved Spaulding & my wife would

probably eat the peanuts outta Sheri Moon Zombie's....

"Devil's Rejects" = "Halloween" =Okay, it took me some getting used to, but I can actually dig it now.

"Halloween 2" = But we all have our opinions & I respect everyone's

pamelavoorheesRIP Sunday 11/08/2009 at 08:36 PM | 57752
OVERDONEWITHGONE
Bridge Sunday 11/08/2009 at 09:58 PM | 57756
Honestly, the only movie of his I like is his first Halloween, but I like his solo stuff more than White Zombie

I had heard about JC and his muc, but I've never heard any of it and my computer is blocking itI'll have to look for it somewhere else
chubacabra Sunday 11/08/2009 at 11:43 PM | 57770
White Zombie is the shit! Got to see them play several times on the Lower East de before they became big. Rob Zombie as a solo artist? well its serving as a bridge for a lot of youngins to get into metal so thats cool.

his films: HOUSE AND REJECTS: modern horror clascs!

H1=pretty cool H2=brooootal and killer
ny ghoul Monday 11/09/2009 at 03:55 AM | 57784
OVERDONEWITHGONE
Bridge Monday 11/09/2009 at 04:19 AM | 57786
I had heard Bisco's stuff, but I haven't heard any of yours or NY Ghouls... but I'm checkin out the Bed of Nails mySpace right now.

I dig it.

When it comes to metal my tastes are pretty diverse, I like everything from Skid Row to GnR (the real one with Slash) to Bongzilla and Alabama Thunderpussy.
chubacabra Monday 11/09/2009 at 11:48 PM | 57818
OVERDONEWITHGONE
Bridge Tuesday 11/10/2009 at 03:05 PM | 57854
Kaizu & I seem to agree a lot here lately.

The WHITE ZOMBIE era is, in an "emoticon," : Rob Zombie as a solo artist....

Rob Zombie as a filmmaker:

"House of 1000 Corpses" = pretty cool, not the best - but I loved Spaulding & my wife would

probably eat the peanuts outta Sheri Moon Zombie's....

"Devil's Rejects" = "Halloween" =Okay, it took me some getting used to, but I can actually dig it now.

"Halloween 2" = But we all have our opinions & I respect everyone's

Could not have said it better!
deathrisingup Tuesday 11/10/2009 at 05:05 PM | 57857
Bridge you make some good points. White Zombie was a killer band with its own sound and style whereas when Rob went solo he started doing the "industrial/metal" thing which I like sometimes such as KMFDM; MINISTRY and PIGFACE but it can also annoy my. I like my metal traditional. But like I said Rob's solo shit is a good gateway band for kids to get into the more real shit. I have two little guys and both started with RZ and Slipknot and that got them stoked for some killer 80's thrash attack!

Hopefully I'll be working on my new cd soon so as soon as I get some info I'll throw it up here for you psychopaths to check out.

heres a link to a track of my old band. thats me in the pic btw haha
href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz1YezYk-GQ&feature=related">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz1YezYk ... re=related
ny ghoul Wednesday 11/11/2009 at 03:39 AM | 57877