Forums Horror Movie Talk
The POUGHKEEPSIE TAPES?

What has happened with this movie? Anyone know?
DEADICATED FAN Monday 11/09/2009 at 12:53 PM | 57791
Last i heard "it was coming soon" on dvd. Anyone who wanted to see it has and the reaction didn't

live up to the hype. They are going to have to pull some kind of special directors cut release to move this film. I was VERY let down by it. I really thought it blew chunks except for a few scenes. Badly cast; badly acted; and weak locations (ex. the FBI training class that was an obvious elementary school classroom)
ny ghoul Monday 11/09/2009 at 06:45 PM | 57804
Wow that sucks to hear. Maybe with all the Paranormal Activity 'activity' someone can save this shaky cam style thriller on DVD. It definitely seemed to have all the ingredients and potential as Blair Witch & Paranormal. Too Bad
DEADICATED FAN Monday 11/09/2009 at 11:49 PM | 57819
Wow that sucks to hear. Maybe with all the Paranormal Activity 'activity' someone can save this shaky cam style thriller on DVD. It definitely seemed to have all the ingredients and potential as Blair Witch & Paranormal. Too Bad

you might like it. my best friend who is a huge horror fan loved it. i just thought it was pretentious and predictable. Also as I said the casting was horrible....theres one point where theres this college aged dork who is supposed to be an FBI archivist. I think if you can't find an appropriate actor then change the character.

Anyway....should be out soon. The killer does have some cool masks and the ending is worth watching it.
ny ghoul Tuesday 11/10/2009 at 12:27 AM | 57822
I thought it was pretty well done for a low-budget movie. Has some very creepy moments to it.

I don't know if it'll ever get released though. The guys behind it went on to direct the Rec remake Quarantine.

But this would make a good After Dark movie(you know, those movies they release every year into the theater for a week?).
kangas Tuesday 11/10/2009 at 01:17 AM | 57826
yeah it would be good for one of those "13 films to die for" or whatever. I hear that the director is now involved with M. Night Shaylaman's next film. ( i know i probably f'd up the spelling

)
ny ghoul Wednesday 11/11/2009 at 02:21 AM | 57875