Forums Horror Collectibles
HSS WINNER ANNOUNCED.

This wasn't that tough to judge nce there weren't that many entries.

3 entries caught my attention.

Joel's Saw pic...with Calling Richard on the phone.

Lee Lambert's Out-Of-Shape.

And Matt Mayhem's Fat chicks.

Lee Lambert's is the only one that made me laugh out loud and is the winner of this contest!!!! CONGRATULATIONS LEE LAMBERT!!! Matt came in second with the gross me out prize.

I might as well enter this one...my fave HSS piece is the Karloff Frankenstein from Bride. I know for a fact that Sam spent several months researching this one and resculpting it over and over to get it perfect. I had the privilege of showing it to Sara Karloff and the inscription she gned on it "Dad would be proud" is the ultimate endorsement.As for part 2...

No Photoshop needed...The Out-of-Shape:

HorrorSanctum Monday 11/16/2009 at 05:21 AM | 58054
Congrats Lee!!!!!
cropsy Monday 11/16/2009 at 09:37 AM | 58055
congrats lee and no offense to anyone here but isnt that like booman saying dashape is the winner of a contest? it just seems a little fishy but hey its your contest.

pamelavoorheesRIP Monday 11/16/2009 at 11:26 AM | 58057

href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwEMxYggoKQ
Matthew Mayhem Monday 11/16/2009 at 01:19 PM | 58059
customcritters Monday 11/16/2009 at 02:23 PM | 58060
congrats to lee.

El Diablo Monday 11/16/2009 at 03:22 PM | 58061
Congrats Lee!
Harry Warden Monday 11/16/2009 at 03:58 PM | 58062
way to go Lee!

funny post!
deathrisingup Monday 11/16/2009 at 04:20 PM | 58063
rigged? lol!
oldskool Monday 11/16/2009 at 05:21 PM | 58065
YOU SHOULD HAVE JUST ENDED IT IN THE MIDDLE LIKE YOU WANTED TO.
sausagecake Monday 11/16/2009 at 05:47 PM | 58066
ok guys i would first like to say congrats to lee (you canadian bastard

)

second this was NOT a Horrorbid contest, it was a Sam McCain and Horror Sanctum Contest (that he also ran on MM.net by the way........) therefore anyone was eligible to win, Horrorbid MODS or otherwise, there was no conflict of interest and nothing was "fishy" here if thats what a couple of you seem to be implying.

third Sam is NOT a MOD here and is free to run any contests anyway he wants to. now if this was a Horrorbid sponsored contest (ie. we bought the mask from Sam to run off in a contest) then no Lee could not win it

fourth if there are sour grapes about this or you are mad you didnt win fine, be mad we all get mad when we dont win something thats really sweet but do not try to make it look like we at Horrorbid rigged this because we had nothing to do with it

if this thread gets out of hand i will lock and or delete this

im not trying to be the prototypical douchebag MOD here just trying to clear the air
Johnny Bisco Monday 11/16/2009 at 08:07 PM | 58070
ok guys i would first like to say congrats to lee (you canadian bastard

)

second this was NOT a Horrorbid contest, it was a Sam McCain and Horror Sanctum Contest (that he also ran on MM.net by the way........) therefore anyone was eligible to win, Horrorbid MODS or otherwise, there was no conflict of interest and nothing was "fishy" here if thats what a couple of you seem to be implying.

third Sam is NOT a MOD here and is free to run any contests anyway he wants to. now if this was a Horrorbid sponsored contest (ie. we bought the mask from Sam to run off in a contest) then no Lee could not win it

fourth if there are sour grapes about this or you are mad you didnt win fine, be mad we all get mad when we dont win something thats really sweet but do not try to make it look like we at Horrorbid rigged this because we had nothing to do with it

if this thread gets out of hand i will lock and or delete this

im not trying to be the prototypical douchebag MOD here just trying to clear the air

Well said and thanks for clearing the air.
Dunge44 Monday 11/16/2009 at 08:53 PM | 58072
lee apparently we dont think you deserve this. lol. just kidding.

joelsparks Monday 11/16/2009 at 09:51 PM | 58074
I find it so sad that people can honestly come on here and even imply this contest is fixed. I have not been on many boards I can say are as honest as this place and certainly as honest as Sam is. It certainly IMO takes awway from a great mask Lee is getting and certainly away from the fun these are. Sam certainly didn't have to do this let alone two of them especially with what he can make on these masks. I hope these do not stop just because of this all because some people are mad they didn't win.
cropsy Tuesday 11/17/2009 at 01:59 AM | 58083
I find it so sad that people can honestly come on here and even imply this contest is fixed. I have not been on many boards I can say are as honest as this place and certainly as honest as Sam is. It certainly IMO takes awway from a great mask Lee is getting and certainly away from the fun these are. Sam certainly didn't have to do this let alone two of them especially with what he can make on these masks. I hope these do not stop just because of this all because some people are mad they didn't win.

your exactly right cropsy. and i was only joking in my response. sam has every right to do what he wants and even though him and lee are good friends so he wanted to give him a mask. he was doing it for free. i think people just were misunderstood about the rules after they changed and then mods entering. even if the contest was rigged it was free, i could care less.
oldskool Tuesday 11/17/2009 at 02:03 AM | 58085
I did not mean for it to be taken personally by anyone oldskool and if you did I am sorry. I am more stating the fact on any board or any contest. I was lucky enough to win the Crofader mask Sam gave away on here awhile ago and remember people not being happy. I just look at it as a chance to have something incredible for FREE and certainly to me anything Sam makes is gold so it is even more incredible when these contests are done by anyone for that matter.
cropsy Tuesday 11/17/2009 at 02:15 AM | 58086
Sam - thanks for putting on the contest and selecting my entry but you can keep the mask.

I just entered the contest the first night it opened to try and get it moving then never really thought anything more about it. I've entered just about every contest we've had (including all the ones you've put on to date nce your first in March of '08) and never won a thing before...it was never an issue then but now the first time I win something it's supposedly fixed? Some of these people really need to grow up a bit.

Thanks for trying to suck the fun out of it guys.
lblambert Tuesday 11/17/2009 at 02:25 AM | 58089
I did not mean for it to be taken personally by anyone oldskool and if you did I am sorry. I am more stating the fact on any board or any contest. I was lucky enough to win the Crofader mask Sam gave away on here awhile ago and remember people not being happy. I just look at it as a chance to have something incredible for FREE and certainly to me anything Sam makes is gold so it is even more incredible when these contests are done by anyone for that matter.

no offense taken cropsy. er goes myers masks er goes controversy.

oldskool Tuesday 11/17/2009 at 02:45 AM | 58092
You step out for 1 day and Sam McCain's back ruing the good times around here!I kid because I kid. Guys if you want the mask your best bet is to purchase one. I love a contest as much as the next guy but the odds of winning are slim at best. I understand how pationate you can get over wanting something very badly (Colts=Superbowl) and how frustrating it can get if you if you miss out. There will be other contests if not by Sammy then by us. When an individual on the forum here decides to run a contest it's with their own rules. If they want to give the thing to their uncle its up to them. The point here is, it's for fun. Never expect to win and be surprised if you do. Thanks for everyone keeping a level head. Bisco kudos on the early nip in the butt and Lee you beautiful Canadian male if you don't want the mask I say we send it off to the "HorrorBid" research lab for further inspection. Guys have fun and as with every tenon filled thread from now on, I leave you with this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hul_5x6aE4c
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 11/17/2009 at 03:25 AM | 58093
Congrats Lee!

Btw, Conway was a pimp!
Thorn Tuesday 11/17/2009 at 04:38 AM | 58097
Congrats Lee!

Btw, Conway was a pimp

hahaha! Conway should be injected into every heated thread. I digg your avatar and g banner Thorn....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 11/17/2009 at 04:41 AM | 58098
lol...No doubt!

Thanks, nothings better than some Scooby Doo and Splatterhouse
Thorn Tuesday 11/17/2009 at 05:39 AM | 58099
lol...No doubt!

Thanks, nothings better than some Scooby Doo and Splatterhouse

AMEN TO THAT

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 11/17/2009 at 05:58 AM | 58101
congrats man

:)
Klempo Tuesday 11/17/2009 at 07:18 PM | 58117
congrats!
BIGKen Tuesday 11/17/2009 at 10:02 PM | 58118
Well cheers to Sam for being a killer dude as usual with his contests and congrats to Lee for winning!
ny ghoul Wednesday 11/18/2009 at 02:58 AM | 58131
Congrats Lee....

kweandee Thursday 11/19/2009 at 01:13 AM | 58149
Gone for a few days and I missed alot

Big congrats Lee
kaizu Thursday 11/19/2009 at 03:05 PM | 58172