why do you like horror? does it scare you and you like that feeling? have some sentimental memory connecting you to horror?

why do you love horror??
El Diablo Friday 11/20/2009 at 04:43 PM | 58239
I think the reason I like it is because growing up I would watch horror movies with my dad everyweekend. Looking back there is a lot of stuff I shouldn't have seen, but that is what we did and we enjoyed it. I got to see a lot of stuff when it was first released on VHS which I guess is pretty cool. The video store we went to was a small localy owned place and when they would get done with their posters and stuff they would give it away. This way I got several bitching posters like a Shocker, and Critters and a cardboard standup of the cryptkeeper looking guy from Creepshow 2. But the bad thing is, those are long nce gone. If only I knew to take better care of my stuff as a kid. So that is were my love of horror comes from.
joelsparks Friday 11/20/2009 at 05:53 PM | 58240
I honestly don't think i could give you a good answer for this. I think horror just found me, I was just destined to be into it. However, it has become quite an outlet for me and I put much personal reasoning behind it now.
DrenTheLiar Friday 11/20/2009 at 08:39 PM | 58245
I find horror to be the best movie genre out there. Today the media has labeled horror films to be subpar or below you average drama or action film. We here all know that this is bs. Horror has the ability to combine all aspects of film. Drama, comedy, thriller, action, etc. All while being something completely different. Why i personally love horror films is because of those films focused on survival. Movies like Dawn of the Dead or Dog Soldiers in which we the humans become the minority and must struggle to survive. I like my horror packed with intenty,plot,and your occaonal scare and somehwhere within the sea of generic slasher and exploitation films those movies exist. Evil dead, The Thing, Alien...there's just so many to name. Let us not forget the world of horror literature and gaming. Books like the Ring, IT, Dream Catcher, Rawhead Rex and many others. To top it off, we get to become part of our favorite horror genres through the gaming industry. Redent Evil, System Shock, lent Hill, Doom, Alone in the dark and etc.

These are the unique films,books, and games that make me love horror.
Dunge44 Friday 11/20/2009 at 09:13 PM | 58246
this is a tough question to answer but i would say for me personally it goes back to my childhood and always loving monster movies. it just kind of morphed into a hobby i guess. good question.
BrandyWine Friday 11/20/2009 at 11:02 PM | 58248
My love for horror came at an early age when I saw films like Salem's Lot, Spasms, The Birds, Friday the 13TH, Halloween and of course The Burning along with many other great films. My mother got me started and many have said way to young but I don't care. It was something we shared and of course I got into watching them more and more as my dad left when i was x and so i certainly didn't have that to enjoy with him and I must say my mom did a great job raing me and my brother. It also led to watching films like Empire of the Ants, The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, Zombie and way to many more to list but it also made me want to get into special effects and also to make films myself. The joy it brought going to the movie stores to see the incredible covers and what they might come up with next. Halloween became more and more of a thing I grew to love from horror as I remember the hay rides the town I grew up in would put on and going to the house of Ken Dixon's and watching Nightmare on Elm Street for the first time. Horror has given me so many great memories and certainly as Dren said it also has given me an outlet for feelings I may be having at the time.

I know none of the actors or movie makers will read this or most likely not but I am so thankful for the things they came up with like King, Craven, Raimi, Carpenter and on to the guys of today for the memories of old and the ones to come hopefully with my kids as I know I have been bleessed to have soem already with my 17 year old daughter and a few even with my 6 year old son watching Creature From The Black Lagoon and older not as violent films and hopefully they will pass the joy onto thier kids.
cropsy Saturday 11/21/2009 at 01:21 AM | 58255