Forums Horror Movie Talk
Wes Craven Officially Back To Direct 'Scream IV'

Black Book Mag recently interviewed Neve Campbell, who plays dney Prescott in the Scream trilogy. She confirms early reports of a potential April 2010 start date, and that Wes Craven is returning to direct....

READ MORE
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 11/25/2009 at 05:56 AM | 58494
anybody want to make a bet that neve's character dney pulls a drew barrymore and gets knocked off in the first 5 minutes?

pamelavoorheesRIP Wednesday 11/25/2009 at 04:17 PM | 58500
I wouldn't be upset if she was killed off quickly. Seeing Wes is comming back is a good thing but I hope one way or another they kill off Nev.
cropsy Thursday 11/26/2009 at 12:46 AM | 58527
anybody want to make a bet that neve's character dney pulls a drew barrymore and gets knocked off in the first 5 minutes? :O i hope they don't!!!

the whole scream thing is based around dney, whats the point of making any more if she's just gonna get killed off in the opening scene????
JACK Monday 1/11/2010 at 12:17 AM | 60124
^^^^^^^^ agreed. scream revolves around sydney prescott. if she dies in the first 5 minutes the movie would be stupid. but i bet she does by the end and finish the scream franchise, or maybe not and they will make a 5th one......? who knows
the jason voorhees Monday 1/11/2010 at 01:46 AM | 60130
I wouldn't be upset if she was killed off quickly. Seeing Wes is comming back is a good thing but I hope one way or another they kill off Nev.

I agree bro

ny ghoul Monday 1/11/2010 at 04:48 AM | 60134
^^^^^^^^ agreed. scream revolves around sydney prescott. if she dies in the first 5 minutes the movie would be stupid. but i bet she does by the end and finish the scream franchise, or maybe not and they will make a 5th one......? who knows I think the 4th one is part of a new trilogy. so it will have 4 5 and 6.well thats what i read somewhere anyway
JACK Monday 1/11/2010 at 11:49 AM | 60143
anybody want to make a bet that neve's character dney pulls a drew barrymore and gets knocked off in the first 5 minutes?Halloween Resurrection rehash anyone?

But does it matter anyway? The killer still has Gale and Dewey to go after and an assortment of throw away characters I'm sure. I have about as much sympathy for Gale and Dewey as I do for d.
DrenTheLiar Monday 1/11/2010 at 09:05 PM | 60153
not a big fan of the original trilogy, but it is nice to see that Wes Craven is back on board for another one.....that will hopefully lessen the overall suck factor on it...

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Friday 1/15/2010 at 10:30 PM | 60305
I'm a huge fan of the original. The sequel was okay, but the third was unbearable. Here's hoping Williamson writes the new one...
kangas Saturday 1/16/2010 at 12:22 AM | 60311
Don't really care for another Scream movie whether it be a sequel or a remake. Only the first one was a decent first watch but the entire franchise as a whole is total shit and Wes Craven is a hack.
JackOLantern Thursday 2/11/2010 at 03:09 PM | 61539
It's funny how often I see people call Craven a hack as I think I had said years ago I hadn't seen much in a long time I thought was great from him and was just about linched. I know he has done some ok movies nce but the Elm Street series will forever be one of my favorites of his along with Hills Have Eyes, Other then that I can't say i am a huge fan but in this case he can't hurt this franchise as it has already been done more then needed. IMO
cropsy Thursday 2/11/2010 at 09:26 PM | 61586
It's funny how often I see people call Craven a hack as I think I had said years ago I hadn't seen much in a long time I thought was great from him and was just about linched. I know he has done some ok movies nce but the Elm Street series will forever be one of my favorites of his along with Hills Have Eyes, Other then that I can't say i am a huge fan but in this case he can't hurt this franchise as it has already been done more then needed. IMO

Yeah, I've always thought he was a hack. I think Craven sucks ass. He's one of the shittiest directors around. To me, he's only made one decent flick, the original NOES. Other than that, all of his films have been mediocre to shit. I think you'll find half of horror fans like him and the other half don't give a shit about him, like me. He's an arrogant flip-flopping prick and he's been living off of NOES' fame and credibility for decades now. I don't conder him a legend or a horror master at all. Just about every other horror director around, I'd place above him any day.
JackOLantern Thursday 2/11/2010 at 09:50 PM | 61592
wes craven sucks. he only made one good movie and that was nightmare on elm street and even the ending to that movie sucked ass.
thebeyond105 Thursday 2/11/2010 at 10:40 PM | 61599