Forums Horror Movie Talk
Oh, How Things Change

I was browng through my picture collection tonight, and it's interesting how the photos show the timeline of how my obsesons have changed through the years.

I'll get on kicks where I'm consumed with a specific horror-related item, so I'll scour the forums for any picture I can find, then once I finally get my hands on one my chase resumes with a new item.

It seems that this is going to be an endless cycle.

Actually, of all the collecting hobbies I've had in my life this one has stuck with me the longest, and I don't foresee my thirst for owning more horror "stuff" ever being quenched.

Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy all the pieces that I've acquired over the years, but it's funny to look back and see items that were once the "holy grail" having been pushed onto the back burner several times over.

I think in a way we all have a touch of OCD when it comes to these things that we collect.

I know I'm always on the lookout for the next great addition.

If you get a chance go back through your pictures and see how your obsesons have changed.
gummi Monday 11/30/2009 at 09:22 AM | 58636
I have a somewhat milar problem. What I do is actually list in my head what masks I want in what order but I never stick to that. Something else comes out that I have to have and the list changes completely. nce I've always collected Myers 90% of the time it was always a new Myers mask I wanted and the list went on and on because new stuff was coming out. It's different now because I feel the Myers end has hit a wall with all the great mask being thrown out like candy these days. My Myers collection is "nearing completion" so to speak. I have a few mask I want redone, one or two more RZ masks, and an accurate H5 and that might be it, although completing those tasks will take a long time in itself and I'm willing to bet the "to do" list will change again.
DrenTheLiar Monday 11/30/2009 at 03:30 PM | 58647
Oh how true this is. I have seen it even more over the last few days in giving my brother my old vhs movie collection or most of it anyways and my sports card collection or what is left of it thanks to an ex selling most of it. It is nice looking back on them pictures though but maybe that is just cause I am a nastalgic kind of guy I guess.
cropsy Tuesday 12/01/2009 at 12:00 AM | 58662
I'll get on kicks where I'm consumed with a specific horror-related item, so I'll scour the forums for any picture I can find, then once I finally get my hands on one my chase resumes with a new item.

It seems that this is going to be an endless cycle.

This is very true for me too. The way I see it, having the piece is good but it's the searching and the thrill of finally finding it then opening that box when it arrives that really provides the most excitement in this hobby.
lblambert Saturday 12/05/2009 at 04:21 PM | 58854
How true. I think the most fun I've had in collecting is the chase.

I remember searching, comparing, chatting, haggling, begging, bidding, sniping, whatever it took to get my prize.

Once the box was opened and the collectible displayed, it was on to the next obseson.
Snoballz Sunday 12/06/2009 at 05:33 AM | 58866
I agree that the initial thrill of getting a new piece is the best part of the hobby, and I don't foresee me every reaching a point where I'm completely satisfied.

The biggest problem with the endless cycle is going to be space, which I'm getting very short on.

I'm not one to sell a lot of masks, so I'm either going to have to cool it or buy a bigger house.

gummi Sunday 12/06/2009 at 09:17 AM | 58868
I agree that the initial thrill of getting a new piece is the best part of the hobby, and I don't foresee me every reaching a point where I'm completely satisfied.

The biggest problem with the endless cycle is going to be space, which I'm getting very short on.

I'm not one to sell a lot of masks, so I'm either going to have to cool it or buy a bigger house.

Agree I have been collecting all my life too and rarely do I sell my stuff... When I started collecting horror it was gonna be just one Myers...boy was I wrong! I have shifted to the Freddy gloves and when I'm done I'll move on to hocks I suppose. I agree with everyone, the thrill of hunting down that certain item is part of the excitement.
kaizu Sunday 12/06/2009 at 04:15 PM | 58870