Forums Horror Movie Talk
Horror for Christmas?

Okay, first off, this is meant only for fun discuson:

If you celebrate a Christian Christmas, what are your thoughts on giving or receiving horror related ts on Christmas? Any second thoughts? any thing that's taboo? What about giving something "Hellraiser" related to celebrate Jesus' bithday?
BrandyWine Tuesday 12/22/2009 at 05:32 AM | 59430
I am a Christian who goes to Church about every Sunday. I enjoy Christmas as a celebration of his birth. I see nothing wrong with giving someone a horror movie, a horror action figure, or a horror anything to anybody on Christmas.

The Bible contains several horrific stories. Without the Christian faith, would we even have had a Hellraiser movie? After watching Hellraiser, I had pretty much no interest in mesng around with the devil or his temptations. In my opinion, that's a pretty Christian film that communicates a pretty strong warning of what happens to people when they succumb to lust.

I guess a lot of this has to do with the perception of Jesus as someone who moped around in a constant state of depreson obsesng over the spiritual ills of man. I doubt he was like this at all. He was probably happy most of the time and very charismatic. When's the last time you saw a sad sac celebrated as anyone's savior?

When Horror has good intentions to scare folks all in fun, then it's fine. Any objection to giving horror as a present would be particular to the content of the individual film and to the recipient of the t. If an Uncle gave his 12 year old nephew a copy of I Spit On Your Grave, well I would think that was disgusting no matter it was the kid's birthday or Jesus' birthday.

If Joe wants to give a doll to his younger coun, then that's perfectly ok in my book.

Now all you Blasphemers go burn in the fiery pits of hell until your bones turn to a black liquid goo that fills the cup from which Lucifer himself drinks as he lords over his dark underworld of debauchery and perveron.
Dunge44 Tuesday 12/22/2009 at 01:23 PM | 59434
I see nothing wrong with it. The exchanging of ts was not initially a Christian tradition. Christmas is a mish-mash of several cultures and customs that have fallen under the Christian umbrella (or had been taken over by it to garner more converons). I'm giving a demonized doll to one of my younger couns that I know she will love, but is sure to raise eyebrows among the rest of the family. Part of what makes the exchange of ts so fun is buying stuff for them you know they will like. It shows how well you know them.
feastonscraps18 Tuesday 12/22/2009 at 04:55 PM | 59441
I get a TON of horror related things for Christmas!! That's all that's on my wish list every year hahaha .

I don't see a problem with it at all.
KimmyBlanks Tuesday 12/22/2009 at 05:27 PM | 59443
Well did anyone rake in the horror goods for x-mas this year?

I got a Drag me to Hell bluray edition movie that im stoked to watch!

feastonscraps18 Saturday 12/26/2009 at 03:29 PM | 59576
My Christmas ts consted of: "Pinhead" Bear Mezco Stylized Freddy figure Mezco 12" Freddy figure Michael Myers Living Dead Doll Chucky bobble head DVDs of Orphan and Drag Me to Hell.

So no problems here!
Devastation Saturday 12/26/2009 at 06:27 PM | 59580
I got the Sam Trick 'r Treat Mask and the burlap Trick 'r Treat masks...I got a gned copy of Robert Englunds book and a couple other latex masks! It was a GREAT Christmas!

KimmyBlanks Monday 12/28/2009 at 05:18 PM | 59647
I got the Sam Trick 'r Treat Mask and the burlap Trick 'r Treat masks...I got a gned copy of Robert Englunds book and a couple other latex masks! It was a GREAT Christmas! Kimmy you lucky dog. I would love to have that gned book!
customcritters Monday 12/28/2009 at 05:46 PM | 59650
I got the Sam Trick 'r Treat Mask and the burlap Trick 'r Treat masks...I got a gned copy of Robert Englunds book and a couple other latex masks! It was a GREAT Christmas! Kimmy you lucky dog. I would love to have that gned book! I couldn't believe that my mom got that for me! I openend up the t and was stoked when I saw what it was...then my mom was like "open up the cover" and there was a personal message from Robert himself written in black sharpie!

He had also drawn me this awesome picture! I will cherish it forever

KimmyBlanks Wednesday 12/30/2009 at 05:19 PM | 59677
I got a copy of Night Of The Creeps for Christmas.
JackOLantern Saturday 2/06/2010 at 12:40 AM | 61200